Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my dilemma.

In the spring I plan to buy a new ZX14.

Problem is I also want the new Concours, and also a Victory Hammer.

Will only buy one of them, and 99% sure it will be the ZX14, but it sucks choosing....all 3 bikes are about as far apart in design as 3 bikes can get, but I need a lobotomy before I go crazy trying to decide what to buy.

Just rambling is all. :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
c14....

best option when considered its combines the zed and the 14.....kinda

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
c14....

best option when considered its combines the zed and the 14.....kinda
Ya I tend to agree, but it is a tour bike really, and I already have a mint Goldwing in the stable.
And the wing is barely broken in as I have only put 41,000 kms on it since I bought it.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Get the Connie, and then watch the Gixxer-Dudes jaws drop when you leave em in the dust. ;-)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Here is my dilemma.

In the spring I plan to buy a new ZX14.

Problem is I also want the new Concours, and also a Victory Hammer.

Will only buy one of them, and 99% sure it will be the ZX14, but it sucks choosing....all 3 bikes are about as far apart in design as 3 bikes can get, but I need a lobotomy before I go crazy trying to decide what to buy.

Just rambling is all. :wink:

Like you..........I too had the exact same problem. I wanted a C14, a ZX14 and an R1. I read every article on each, talked with owners (except the C14 cuz there were none at the time) and then road each bike. See below how I solved my problem.

Seriously though after owning and riding the C14 and ZX14..........if I were forced to choose between the two bikes or just could only own one bike, it would be the C14 hands down. It is one bad "do it all" bike.

Good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Like you..........I too had the exact same problem. I wanted a C14, a ZX14 and an R1. I read every article on each, talked with owners (except the C14 cuz there were none at the time) and then road each bike. See below how I solved my problem.

Seriously though after owning and riding the C14 and ZX14..........if I were forced to choose between the two bikes or just could only own one bike, it would be the C14 hands down. It is one bad "do it all" bike.

Good luck.
Chris, I'm putting myself for adoption. 49 yo male with a penchant for speed. lol

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You sure live a hard life my friend.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Good luck.
Had an R1, was not for me.

Want a muscle bike, but also comfort.

May have to buy a C14 and ZX14 both ....sigh ;)

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
I assume that you have much riding experience, as the ZX-14 is NOT to be underestimated. Although the "monster" stigma is exaggerated, it does require adequate respect. Personnal, I would get the ZX-14, and then more of a touring bike like a wing or even the new Victory Vision. The Connie is not that much more than a detuned 14 with saddle bags IMHO.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I assume that you have much riding experience, as the ZX-14 is NOT to be underestimated. Although the "monster" stigma is exaggerated, it does require adequate respect. Personnal, I would get the ZX-14, and then more of a touring bike like a wing or even the new Victory Vision. The Connie is not that much more than a detuned 14 with saddle bags IMHO.
I drag knee on the C14 and ZX14 and they are both great bikes. I would agree that much experience is required to properly operate both. However I don't agree that the C14 is just a detuned ZX with bags. They are alike in a few ways and very different in others. While the C14 shares the same engine it acts differently with smaller throttle bodies, exhaust, computer tune and VVT. It has much more wind protection, is heavier, doesn't have high speed compression suspension setting like ZX, taller seat, little more top heavy, etc. The ZX is more Sport than ST and the C14 is more Sport than Tourer but they are still very different.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
I was also jonesing on the Hammer a while ago. Did some research, talked to a couple Hammer owners, and decided that the quirks of a fat rear tire took it out of the realm of reality for me. Still a badayass looking machine, but not super-versatile. Couldn't tie up that much loot on a bar bike right now, but perhaps in the future...

Does that help at all?

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Buy 'em all and you send me the gw!

·
Full Circle Rider
1,611 Posts
I've rode the Hammer, the C14, and I own a 'Busa. If you enjoy the twisties, then I do not feel you'll like the Hammer. Handling is not the cruisers strong suit. Don't get me wrong - it's fun to ride, but it's no sport bike.

As for the C14 - it's a nice bike as well, but if I already had a Goldwing I'd pass on the C14. It's just too close to the same kind of bike. My brother-in-law has a Goldwing and he bought an FJR to go with it. He felt the same way I do and wound up trading the FJR in on a ZX14 last month. Now he has the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Get the C14 and take the bags off of it. Better ergos than the Z14 and still the HP!

+1.

If you can only have one bike the C14 is the one.

You really should go ride them all so that you may compare and be happy. Your opinion is what matters............not ours.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've rode the Hammer, the C14, and I own a 'Busa. If you enjoy the twisties, then I do not feel you'll like the Hammer. Handling is not the cruisers strong suit. Don't get me wrong - it's fun to ride, but it's no sport bike.

As for the C14 - it's a nice bike as well, but if I already had a Goldwing I'd pass on the C14. It's just too close to the same kind of bike. My brother-in-law has a Goldwing and he bought an FJR to go with it. He felt the same way I do and wound up trading the FJR in on a ZX14 last month. Now he has the best of both worlds.
The C14 will spank the FJR. I road them both and really wanted to get a FJR. My decision was made instantly.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Wow - I wish I had your problems.
:shock:
+1. although i would choose the Victory. although since i already have the cruiser i would probably go with the zx14... then i would just go look at the vic.. and then buy the vic. im confused

1 - 20 of 36 Posts