Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Kawasaki Freak
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I am new here. I recently purchased Ninja 250R for my wife. This is the second Kawasaki motorcycle in my life. I have been riding near 30 years. Currently I have 3 motorcycles. 1978 CB750F, 1987 CBR1000F Hurricane, and Ninja250R. Man, Ninja 250 is well built for the price and it is such a fun machine. I just want to say hi to everybody in the forum!!

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Welcome yas!

Post some pics of yourself and your wife on your bikes when you get the chance.

She's gonna love that 250. :D

·
Kawasaki Freak
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your warm welcome guys!
I have been little skeptical about Kawi until I rode on this Ninja for first time. My first Kawi back in 80's was KH250 triple. That bike was cheap construction and poor brake. Since then, I have been riding mostly HONDA, but I really re-discovered todays Kawi is goooood. I will post some pics later!!

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
and that design has not changed since the 80's till now! Imagine how impressed you would be with a new one, haha

·
Registered
59 Posts
as much flak as the 250 gets for its size... it surely has been selling well for what 20 years now? obviously its a great bike... and the perfect starter bike...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
250 is a great bike, i have happily had one for almost 2 years, i will be passing it on to my wife when the weather turns warm again. it has giving me no problems what so ever. i will admit, i did get use to the power and did desire more, and i satified that with a 1100 but the gas mileage will never get old on that bike. If your wife wants to go bigger in a year, than still keep it as a commuter, because it will save a ton in gas. at over 3 dollars a gallon, you will appreciate the bike. i get 70 mpg. good luck, congrats, and welcome

·
Kawasaki Freak
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again everyone!
Here are some pictures of my (our) bikes. The top one is Ninja with my '87 CBR1000 Hurricane and the bottom one is 30 year old CB750 when she had motor on her frame. I am rebuilding the motor, since March 2006... I wish I can finish up this winter. Sorry for posting HONDA pics...:biggrin:
For my wife's Ninja, only con is the broken front fender. This bike is in very rare pearl white color. I am afraid if I can't paint in the same color after plastic welding.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
My first Kawi back in 80's was KH250 triple. That bike was cheap construction and poor brake.
My father used to ride with a friend back in the 70s and at that time they used to call Kawasakis "turn straighteners" (in Italian it sounds funnier :biggrin:) because of their EXCELLENT brakes and chassis at the time!!! In fact when I told him I had bought a Kawasaki he was a little perplexed by my decision - it took some serious convincing on my part that Kawis were right up there in terms of handling with all the other Jap bikes... if not better :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum - great bunch of people here, you'll love it. We may even convince you to go for a nice ZX-14 as your next flagship bike :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think this group loves to see pictures regardless of the bike manufacturer.

The 250 is great and it seems like Kawasaki is a little cheaper to insure than Honda. The 250 is definitely super cheap to insure and great gas mileage as others have said.

And it is a lot of fun if you keep it wound up.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Congrats, bought one too.

Its for my daughter but it is in sweet condition. Great little sceamer...enjoy!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought an 07 for my wife as well. Very well built and fun bike, perfect for learning. I will post pics when I hve time. Hers is blue and had 600 miles on it. $2500 was a steal.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
way to go lots of us have 250 and she is going to love it

and
Would love to be in the middle of that pic

seriously

great fun bike and no competition in the size or price range

1 - 20 of 26 Posts