Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home with my new bike at about 11 am this morning and I couldn't wait to ride for the first time.

I took to the bike like it was something I have done for years but really I never touched a motorcycle till today. I rode it for about 25km in my small streets keeping low rpms and low speeds. Learning how to downshift safely and use both brakes.

The hole time I had a smile on ear to ear because when I got home to let the bike cool down my cheeks hurt. I had to work all afternoon and just got home now.

I will wait till the morning to go for ride number 2.

And just wanted to say that I don't think I will ever get bored or my 2004 500R like everyone says. I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH.

RIDING RULES! - - ride safe everyone because I know I will!

·
Registered
456 Posts
d0hnj0e said:
The hole time I had a smile on ear to ear because when I got home to let the bike cool down my cheeks hurt.
That's when you know you're having fun. I remember my first ride. I noticed two things.
1. You are really "out there" on a motorcycle.
2. 30mph feels like 100.
Have fun!
Curt

·
Registered
133 Posts
TrashMonkey said:
yeah, just wait, you'll be like me...going to a far away store because you "need" some beef jerky or fruit gushers, or something else that requires a long ride to get there LOL :D
LOL, nice. I've decided once i get my bike that i'm going to drive it as much as possible, the excuse is going to be to "break it in." :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts