Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

I love my Meanstreak

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  2WheelFun 
#1 ·
:grin: Wow I have not ridden in over a month. Great weather down here this week and was able to take her out. I rode for about 2 hrs. and only 5 minutes into the ride I realized "I love my bike". Sure am glad I have some people to share this thought with. :)

#2 ·
noj70,

We just took out bikes out today...it was 40f and cloudy today....It has been a little more than a week since our last ride.....

I get that feeling everytime I ride.....I call it Road Fever...I have a terminal case that would be fatal if I stayed home very long :)

Heather

#7 ·
I LOVE MY NOMAD !!!!!!
but, i also love skiing, so i can't complain too much about this weather. at least give me some snow for crying out loud !

it is fun having a place to share this info, isn't it ! you can say it at home, but it doesn't get appreciated as much as on here sharing it with enthusiasts.

#8 ·
Truely said Ispeed!!!!!!!

I love skiing tooo.....been a few years since I have done anything...Usually go up to my moms house in VT and go to Stowe. :)

Its 60f out right now....spent the day inside painting,,no bike ride today. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain. Then temperatures are supposed to drop down to the 30's...we shall see.

Heather

#10 ·
Heather
don't feel bad, its raining here right now, which was preceded by snow this morning and freezing rain this afternoon. get the trend ? its getting warmer. supposed to be close to 60 tomorrow ! in MA ! in Jan ! what the heck !!!

#11 ·
My wife and I bought season ski passes to one of the local ski resorts last year and wouldn't ya know it.....no snow and to warm so any snow they got was wet and melting. :(

This year we are doing the "Pay as you go".

#12 ·
Now the real trick seems to be how you put a ski rack on your bike, ride up to the base of the NC mountains where it can be 60F in the middle of the state and cold enough for snow out there and enjoy some turns, oh wait it's the east so those must be skids on the ice. Oh well NC and most of the east has whistle cleans's problem this year, rain after every snow.

My brother ski's Mt. Baker in WC's territory on the days the weather won't let him be a carpenter....seeems to me he finds to many of those each year. I do know he has more raingear for his bike than I ever imagined existed...........

#13 ·
The weather here has been great for ridin' for the last couple of weeks. I just got my meanie after Thanksgiving, and I've been able ride a fair amount. (Work still gets in the way!)
First time on the forum. Looking forward to sharing experiences with you guys as we get out there!
flynsouth - looks like we are practically neighbors.

#15 ·
whistle clean said:
My wife and I bought season ski passes to one of the local ski resorts last year and wouldn't ya know it.....no snow and to warm so any snow they got was wet and melting. :(

This year we are doing the "Pay as you go".
i hear ya there. we didn't have a whole lot of snow last year either and on top of that it was one of the colder winters on record. so, even when i did make it to the mountain when there was snow, i couldn't stay out for more than a few runs without freezing. and of course you know what freezing cold does to the snow, ouch ! last year was my second year on a snowboard, needless to say, i am back to the good ol reliable and fast skiis. i have only used my pass once this season, but hope to at least break ten, we'll see how mother nature helps me out with that !

#17 ·
ispeed77 said:
last year was my second year on a snowboard, needless to say, i am back to the good ol reliable and fast skiis. i have only used my pass once this season, but hope to at least break ten, we'll see how mother nature helps me out with that !

I've looked at others on snowboards and thought to myself...."you just keeping using your skis". LOL :)

#18 ·
whistle clean said:
I've looked at others on snowboards and thought to myself...."you just keeping using your skis". LOL :)
yeah, i think that is a wise choice. snowboarding is just so different. maybe if i started out with that i'd be ok, but i've been skiing for almost 20 years now so i have a certain mindset about how i should feel coming down the mountain. snowboarding just doesn't put me in that happy place !

#21 ·
I wish i could be riding my Meanie. I envy you all with decent westher. I just came in from starting the van, gotta let it run for at least 5 minutes before leaving for work. It will be awhile before I am back in the saddle again.
At least I can look forward to the motorbike show tomorrow.
Have a good one.
Carlo

#22 ·
Not much layup for mine, either....

'Course, yesterday it was 75 and sunny - today the front blows in and by tomorrow nite it'll be back inthe 20's...

But at least I was able to ride to work for the last couple of weeks.....

And, I'll use this cold weather to play with my air intake, and maybe gut my exhaust.....

br

#23 ·
trikebubble said:
I wish i could be riding my Meanie. I envy you all with decent westher. I just came in from starting the van, gotta let it run for at least 5 minutes before leaving for work. It will be awhile before I am back in the saddle again.
At least I can look forward to the motorbike show tomorrow.
Have a good one.
Carlo
i hear ya about the warming up of the vehicles. my biggest problem with that is my truck is a diesel and the automatic warm up doesn't work right now, so i can't really leave it running. besides that, the thing doesn't make heat until it is under load. oh well, that's what i wanted !!! to think, some of the people on this forum only have remote start in their vehicles to cool off the AC before they get in !!

#25 ·
I love my classic too!!!!!!! Gonna go do some cleaning to make her sparkle even more, the go for a ride bcs it's 56 degrees and sunny!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.