Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after breaking into the fuel tank on my dumpster kz 750b1 project,im not happy!
the tank is severly rusted on the inside.
rust is bubbling over 1/8 in thick on the entire inside of the fuel tank.

since the fuel tank is the only thing stopping me from firing up my bike,i priced a new tank online.....not happy with the price tag.
Motogrid | Honda OEM Parts | Kawasaki OEM Parts | Suzuki OEM Parts | Yamaha OEM Parts

anyone know a cheaper route?
i need a tank,if it has a locking cap....i also need the matching key.
id be happy with an aftermarket tank.
any info on where to buy a good used or a cheaper new tank would be greatly appreciated.
ive checked ebay,all i found was tanks with no key,so seller wasnt sure of inside tank condition.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a lead to a good tank with key,waiting on seller to respond.
id like to hear my options though

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Options would include cleaning and or putting a liner in your current tank. I wouldn't worry too much about a key for the tank as most any key or screwdriver that will fit into the hole in the tank lid will open it. I don't know for sure but I don't think the tank locks have the little pins in them that would require a specific key to open the lock. Stick your house key or other key in your tank and you'll probably be able to open it. As for the sellers that say they don't know the condition of the inside of the tanks they are selling, it's either they don't know they can open it that easy or it's full of rust and they use the "can't open to look" excuse to not have to say it's full of rust IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do have a tank for a 84 yz80 i could throw on there just to hear her run.
and a tank from my 84 trx 200 4 wheeler.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theres a couple of 750 tanks on ebay for about $70 right now.I think one of them was only $49.
im working on the $49 red tank with key,and other parts from that seller.
waiting on his combined shipping total
thanx for that info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts