Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to removed my easy brackets because i install the OEM sissy bars and the easy brakect do not works with the OEM. I'm looking for a new ones. Any recomendation?

·
Line rider
326 Posts
I have to removed my easy brackets because i install the OEM sissy bars and the easy brakect do not works with the OEM. I'm looking for a new ones. Any recomendation?
Does your sissy bar attach like this:

Does the stud for the ghost bracket look something like this:

If so why not have a machine shop modify the ghost bracket stud to look like this:

So you can then put it all back together like this:
Note: You would need to find bolts of the proper length.

Please forgive my crude drawings I was just trying to get an idea down visually.

Just noticed you're from Bayamon, my mother was born there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks .22, great drawing and thanks to all. Here is the real problem. The OEM sissy bars for my V2K have a grabrail witch is 1 1/2" bigger. I'm going to look in a machine shop if someone can prepare an adapter for my easybrackets. The easy backets came with an adapter like the one that .22 put in the drawing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I fixed the problem with the help of someone. I found a spacer that I haved in someplace in my home and bough a long bolts. Now I need someone that can chrome that spacer. Here is some picture.

Thanks for your helps.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just an idea, but a few of the members have used sockets to extend their risers for their handlebars. Maybe you can use some sockets as spacers if you cant have the spacers you have chromed or it can save you money in getting them chromed if you like the way it looks with the sockets.
Chester--

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an idea, but a few of the members have used sockets to extend their risers for their handlebars. Maybe you can use some sockets as spacers if you cant have the spacers you have chromed or it can save you money in getting them chromed if you like the way it looks with the sockets.
Chester--
what you means for sockets?

·
Long live the V2K!
593 Posts
I've got US Saddlebags on my V2K. Don't have the OEM backrest like your's but I think they would work with the above mentioned spacers that others have used. I imagine any set of bags and/or brackets would work as long as you address that gap issue with some sort of spacer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.