1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
i have a 1985 kx 80 and i want to upgrade reed any recommendations
The OP asked to "Upgrade" his reeds, ehnce I took it to mean not use OEM parts.
So thats why I suggested aftermarket, not stock.

Yes if you want stock reeds they will cost less.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Any real reason why you want to spend money on "wallet bait" gimmicks on a 27 year old bike ?
Thats why I suggested both OEM and Boyesen. A big bore kit would do alot more for that bike then putting in after market reeds on an OEM reed cage. Oem reed cages and aftermarket reeds are't gonna make a noticible difference. You might notice a difference with an aftermarket reed cage and reeds. But he doesn't have that option with that bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Boyesen power reeds are quite an improvement over the stock reeds in the area of low end throttle control. They bolt onto the stock reed cage, and are very affordable @ about $30. Don't think twice about installing them, it's not a "gimmick". They just plain work better than the OEM reeds.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Boyesen power reeds are quite an improvement over the stock reeds in the area of low end throttle control. They bolt onto the stock reed cage, and are very affordable @ about $30. Don't think twice about installing them, it's not a "gimmick". They just plain work better than the OEM reeds.
+1

Better throttle response, and seem to even idle smoother, as well as pull a bit harder is what I find when switching a bike from OEM to Boyesen.

Or be cheap and use stock reeds, and get stock performance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.