Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys I am a new rider and I recently bought a 1977 kz 650 b1 I did some work on it but now it wont start...... put a new dyna s ignition, it has gas flow, the motor turns over and it has spark..... thought it was the timing so i put the points system back on still wont start..... any ideas???? thanks in advance......

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did a Dyna S on my 1976 KZ900 and had no problems. I did static time with a light bulb and after starting I time with a regular timing light. Had to set 1-4 on F mark and then 2-3 on F mark. I also installed the green 3 ohm coils at the same time. Also I did the Wiredgeorge coil repower mod at the same time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I also put in the green coils and did the static timer with a test light it did start at first but then all of a sudden it just would not start i just dont know what happend from the time it started and was sitting there idleling to when i turned it off now it wont start

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.