Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, now I'm not a computer guy. I bought a Linksys wireless router years ago, and tried to hook it up. After many hours and days on the phone with Raji in India, I gave up, and got my own internet access. I lived upstairs from my parents and was trying to link to thiers. I took it, a put it back in the box. 3 years later (now) I got a promotion, and I can now work from home, and spend much more time with my wife and newborn.

I pulled the system out of the box, and suprise, I never put the instructions or manual back in the box, and of course, my parents haven't seen it. So I hooked it up the way it showed on the box. BUT, it was password protected, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Is there a way to restart it and blow out the password? I suppose I could call Dubai again, but man, this stinks. I can see the signal on the laptop, or at least I could before I went switching wires around. I did try hitting the "Easy Set-up" button on the front, and the "reset" button on the back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If I remember correctly, if you never changed the password it should be "admin" if you did password protect it.. there should be a reset button that you will need to hold in for a few seconds and that should reset all the default factory settings.. Hope this helps

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
^^^What he said^^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts