Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, I need some help on chain sizes. I'm gettin a new sprocket kit and when i type in my bikes year and model it brings up a 420x120. In my manual it says to use a 420x124. :evil: So will this chain work?

·
Registered
107 Posts
120 is the number of links.

If you have room to go forward you should be fine for sure.

Most of the chains I have purchased I have had to cut at least 6-7 links off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What kind of bike and where are you getting the chain from? I just bought an AMFAM kit for my 95' KLX250 and the chain fit perfect.

-Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aint that a b*tch

Its a 2000 kx100 :oops:. The face is bc i'm almost to the point of being embarrassed about it. But i'm savin for a 250 kxf. And i'm just trying to make due with wat i got. I got the chain and it fits after some breaking. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
chain fitting bike properly

you shouldn't pay to much attention to what the manual says on chain sizes UNLESS, all of your sprockets are stock. if stock, go by the book. if not you need to know what gearing you are or will be running and adjust links accordingly. when in doubt i always run a couple of masterlinks in my 91'kx 250's chain just so adjustment is easier for such things as chain stretch. if i'm correct the stock gearing is 14 tooth front and 48 or 49 tooth rear. meaning 120 links is stock for this gearing. keep in mind that the further back your rear axle sits in the swingarm the more straight line stability you will have. the further forward, the sharper the turning abilities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts