Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while riding saturday me and triplesecman got a chance to speak to a law enforcement official, I got one of these nice pieces of paper.

it was just a warning, he never caught us on radar. Thankfully.

Edit:

Gotta add that he had got the guy in a truck a little ahead of us and pointed to me that I needed to pull over also. The guy in the truck was going faster than us and got a nice ticket for 91. We had been following him for 5 minutes or so and he told the officer that.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
I27???

but officer...the guy in the truck us was only doing 91 in a 127 MPH zone, we just didn't know if it was safe to pass!
Lucky, for you...sort of. Is it illegal to use radar detectors in Texas? I have a cell phone setup that I want to use inside my helmet...suppose I could get by with a detector, too?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I27???

ljangell said:
but officer...the guy in the truck us was only doing 91 in a 127 MPH zone, we just didn't know if it was safe to pass!
Lucky, for you...sort of. Is it illegal to use radar detectors in Texas? I have a cell phone setup that I want to use inside my helmet...suppose I could get by with a detector, too?
radar detectors are perfectly legal here, I'm actually planning a setup with one on my bike, its just gonna take some time before I have the money to spend on that little device.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
DETECTOR MONEY

eBay but make sure it is NEW IN BOX...then again...it's cheaper than a ticket...and a possible raise in insurance...I hear you on teh money issue though...ask around. Mine are 10 years old but I have 4 different bands in the 2 detectors.

·
Registered
837 Posts
:p lucky dog...they usually dont have a good sence of humor when writing a ticket...and to just get a warning...he musta got his thrills out on the guy in the truck before talkin to you :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts