Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a cylinder and head for my kx125. mine is a 98 but 98 - 02 will fit. it doesnt need to come with the power valves. i mostly just need the cylinder. it MUST NOT be scratched! i would like to have a piston too if you have a used one or a new one. i realy dont want to spend a lot but i have a decent amount to spend. you can email me at ( [email protected] ) thanks for any help :)

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
I cannot help you, but can suggest a few places.

A cycle salvage yard, ebay, craigslist, and kijiji.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys i'm new to these forum things so please bear with me.....mike, i was just wondering how your search ended up going? i just recently bought a 2000 kx 125 w/o a cylinder or head...i was also told that any cylinder (98-02) would work. well after looking around for a couple weeks, i found one off a 98 kx 125 on ebay that needed resleeved so i bought it and a sleeve and had a friend of mine do the machining on it. i picked it up yesterday and went home to put it on and found that the cylinder doesn't have any holes in the bottom to line up with the alignment dowel pins in the crankcase??? wondering if you ran into the same problem? thanks for your time in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would not put a 98 cylinder on. even on a 98. there junk!!! 4 of my friends have had a 98kx125 and on everyone the power valves wore out and hit on the piston. i dont think a 98 cylinder will work on yours. if the holes dont line up it will overheat FAST!!! i have 2 sets of stock kx125 power valves if anyone needs them. MAKE A OFFER! the 98 kx1125 cylinders are rare to find one anygood. if your bike is a 2000 the power valves arent going to work right with a 98 cylinder and the power band is going to be crap and it will have no bottom end. hope this helps. thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if the alignment dowls dont line up just get a 99-02 cylinder. the 98 is the only year there like that. theres no way you will get that cylinder to fit. you might be able to have the alighnment dowls drilled but if there a thousandth of an inch off you ruined it. so i wouldnt bother i would just get one that will fit it right. if it has a brand new sleve you can probly get $200 out of it on ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well crap! thanks the info...i really appreciate it b/c i was just about to take the dowels out and put it together anyway but if it is just going to trash the bike then i think i will hold off and look for a different cylinder. thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you took the dowls out of taht and put it together the second it started it would destroy your crank and piston and probly tear the new clylinder up to. those line up the piston and crank. without them the motor would only last like 2 seconds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts