Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat on a Honda Fury today. My pal was waiting for one to arrive before making a decision on a new bike. He opted for an 1800 VTX and closed the deal. The Fury wasn’t a bad looking bike though it sounded like a ct90. The first stop would be for a set of Cobras. If I were Leno I might have one in my fleet, but Im not so Ill ride my classic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
saw it in Daytona..I thinkit would work perfect for a female, to get in a chopper class feel... other than that not for me

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would prefer the raider myself. The Fury has some nice lines to start from but its still a long way from the custom bike that’s its trying to portray. Its a novelty bar bike in my opinion and for that I would rather have a little bobber

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
the raider is sweet and the fury looks like crap.it will be gone in three years.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
New issue of Motorcycle Cruiser has the "first ride" article by B. Bartels. I wasn't impressed.

·
Slow and Easy
57 Posts
Comparing the 900 custom, Fury, and Raider - I still think the custom is the best bike for the price. The Fury is listing at 13K for 1300 cc and the Raider is 1800cc for $14k. IMO the lines on the Raider are better and you can't help but like the OEM pipes. The increase in torque and HP on the Fury versus the 900 is not enough for $6k. The Fury also has a 3.4 tank size!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I think they are both decent looking bikes, but shaft drive on a chopper is just wrong.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
The Fury has a fresh clean look.....the Raider has too much going on visually, out of place trim and jagged angles. It looks like it was designed by a blind man.....then rear ended by a car that broke the rear fender.

I agree that the Fury should have been a belt drive.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts