Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I have a 1989 ninja zx-7r the problem i have is that when it starts and runs with the choke on only. If i take off the choke it dies, if i crack the throttle it dies, even when the bike is warm. Then after it warms up some while the choke is still on the rpm's jump up to about 4k and stay there. If I crack the throttle alittle it will bring the rpm's down to about idle. Does anyone have idea's sounds like I'm starving the bike for gas also I notices the the carb sliders don't move at all even at the higher rpm's could this be my problem ? any suggestions to help would be very appreciated.
thank you

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Try just cleaning the carbs? I doubt its just your idle setting but you could check that too. I have a 93 ZX7 I'm gonna have to cleant he carbs on because of similar problems. It wont idle well at all and won't stay running without hitting the gas a little. Just need some heat and some time to do it in.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
clogged pilot jets and your slides are vacumn operated so they more than likely wont move unless the bike is under a load.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that problem (the carborater vacuum hose isnt hooked up right!!!! call a dealer and theyll tell ya the way its supposed to be

1 - 6 of 6 Posts