Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A loud pop, and now the bike wont turn over, it makes a clicking noise instead. I believed it happened because that battery was low and i was trying to start it with battery tender giving juice as well as the battery(half dead all be it). What could have i blown out it . Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
For my first guess, I would like to propose that the loud pop was a backfire. Just charge up your battery (get a new one if necessary) and try again.

The clicking noise is common if the battery is almost completely dead. It has enough juice to engage the starter solenoid (click), but not enough to turn the starter. Sometimes you'll hear it as a single click. If it's even closer to dead, you'll hear a whole bunch of clicks as it tries, dies, and tries again.

If that's not it, we'll go on to the second guess.
Curt

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah I tried to start my zx9 today as well and heard a loud pop! I hadn't ridden in about 3 days. is that normal to hear backfire? it started after a couple of chokes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
that happened to me a few days ago too...my battery was fully charged though...try putting the bike in second gear and rocking back and forth letting the gear stop the bike both ways...the guy at kawasaki told me to do that and after about 10 rocks it turned over and was fine...if not, i have no clue...good luck man!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
drifterk said:
that happened to me a few days ago too...my battery was fully charged though...try putting the bike in second gear and rocking back and forth letting the gear stop the bike both ways...the guy at kawasaki told me to do that and after about 10 rocks it turned over and was fine...if not, i have no clue...good luck man!
most likely the gears teeth werent aligned up right, so it was trying to start in like another gear, and depending on the bike, some wont start unless its in neutral.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Happened to me on the old ZX. Leaking float valve would load #2 cylinder with gas. Can't compress liquid fuel so it wouldn't turn over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts