Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I won Karma 5 and should be getting my gift real soon from B-Bob.
Now is my turn to give something away and im going crazy trying to find something that has to do with bike, to keep the game going...

My question is...the gift i choose, does it have to be something in common with motorcycle or can It be anything I decide on to give away??...

like a gift certificate from:
walmart
kmart
starbuck
jc penny

I choose the amount and the person picks where they want the certificate from...

So tell me...what do you guys and gals think?????
good or bad idea??

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps from a motorcycle web site?
that sounds good to me.....i would choose from anywhere they want,......but i would like to see what everyone thinks.

or if i could simply pick a nice gift..and whoever would like to join...would be welcome to be added to the list...but have the ability to choose the gift.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I think that sounds great. You cant go wrond with gift certificates.

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
I think gift cards are the EASY way out and DEFEAT the purpose. Takes the meaning of the whole thing away. Hey, That's just me and I could be wrong but, I doubt it. ;-)

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Gift cards are fine. Gifts are an extension of the giver. What would you give to someone so that they will use it and always remember who gave it to them. That's the only problem with gift cards. When they are done, they are gone.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
I think gift cards are the EASY way out and DEFEAT the purpose. Takes the meaning of the whole thing away. Hey, That's just me and I could be wrong but, I doubt it. ;-)
Darn....I hate when other people make more sense than me....but I have to agree with you.....I also thought the idea was to find something we had ourselves already, that maybe we didn't use or need....or a part we upgraded and no longer needed.....or.....oh heck......:shock:

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
keep those opinions coming......thats what i want to know from all of you and mainly that was why i ask this question...because in a way i thought the same thing...that it had to do with something that would always be a reminder of the person that gave it to you......

Awwwww...but i dont have anything at the moment laying around that i dont need....Immmmm soooooooo confuse!!! :shock:

Sooooo......what if I buy something of my taste and do the Karma, and whomever likes it....could join the list?????...but the hard thing is choosing the gift, especially if it has to do with motorcycle and if it doesnt....it has to be a bi-sexual gift! lol....for boys and girls to like!

IM sorry to complicate this......but i just want help.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
keep those opinions coming......thats what i want to know from all of you and mainly that was why i ask this question...because in a way i thought the same thing...that it had to do with something that would always be a reminder of the person that gave it to you......

Awwwww...but i dont have anything at the moment laying around that i dont need....Immmmm soooooooo confuse!!! :shock:

Sooooo......what if I buy something of my taste and do the Karma, and whomever likes it....could join the list?????...but the hard thing is choosing the gift, especially if it has to do with motorcycle and if it doesnt....it has to be a bi-sexual gift! lol....for boys and girls to like!

IM sorry to complicate this......but i just want help.
Do you have a bike shop close by? Maybe a quick stroll aorund the shop will give you an idea. I know some people like neat looking biker patches to add to their leather jackets or vests and that wouldn't cost a whole lot. There were also people that missed out ont he gremlin bell thread and regret that....maybe a gremlin bell for the people that didn't get one from anybody yet.....maybe a tank bag...again, a neat gift and not too expensive...

Just some ideas....

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have a bike shop close by? Maybe a quick stroll aorund the shop will give you an idea. I know some people like neat looking biker patches to add to their leather jackets or vests and that wouldn't cost a whole lot. There were also people that missed out ont he gremlin bell thread and regret that....maybe a gremlin bell for the people that didn't get one from anybody yet.....maybe a tank bag...again, a neat gift and not too expensive...

Just some ideas....
very good idea CheriAnn....I will keep that in mind and look around!

Thanks everyone for your help!

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
CherriAnn has a great idea. The KARMA comes from giveing something personal. Also Tely, you said... Awwwww...but i dont have anything at the moment laying around that i dont need....Immmmm soooooooo confuse!!!
I say, What would create the greatest Karma, giving away something you need or giving away something you have no use for? Besides, if you give away something that you need that makes it more personal. Besides, instead of buying something new for them, you get the something new to replace it.
Bottom line... the WHOLE thing is about creating good Karma...RIGHT!
Food for thought. What would it be like if you were celebrating the Christmas giving season with family and everyone got everyone else the same $20.00 Starbucks gift card? Oh Joy and good Karma all round? Kinda ruins the whole thing if you ask me. Maybe you will be the key to setting the standard for everyone else. If you must buy, buy two of something you love and give one away. OK... I'm done.
Now give something meaningful and get yourself something new to replace it and some good Karma to boot. ;-)

·
... at the old, ballgame!
1,061 Posts
Tely -

I had the same problem coming up with something. Don't sweat it. In the end, anything you choose will be just right, because you chose it.

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tely -

I had the same problem coming up with something. Don't sweat it. In the end, anything you choose will be just right, because you chose it.
Thanks Bob!!!!...that makes me feel alot better!.....I mean, I know alot of you members have been around more then me...and I am new at this and I just wanted some help.

;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts