Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Personal Bike!!! I've riden bikes and tinkered with them but I'm finally getting my own :mrgreen:

I want to Lower my 76 kz750 Twin by at least 2"
The reason why is because I'm turning it into a Cafe-Style Bike.
but I want in as low down as possible.

HOW do I make the front end lower? can the forks be manipulated?
and what about the rear struts?

let me know what the easiest/cheapest way to do this ;)

Thanks!!!

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
The easiest way (but not the cheapest) would be to have the front hub relaced with a 17" rim, and the back with a 16", then run short tires.

Cheap way? You can drop the front end about an inch by sliding the fork tubes up in the triple clamp. Shorter shocks on the rear to drop it about an inch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The easiest way (but not the cheapest) would be to have the front hub relaced with a 17" rim, and the back with a 16", then run short tires.

Cheap way? You can drop the front end about an inch by sliding the fork tubes up in the triple clamp. Shorter shocks on the rear to drop it about an inch.
I think the second way will work better.
the rear end is going to be easy, but for the front forks...is there a minimum safe distance that I should take into account?

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
Just slide the forks up till they hit the bars, the farther up they are in the clamp, the stronger they are.

You want to make sure the tire/fender doesn't hit anything when the forks are at full compression.

Stock shocks are 12.5", so look for shorter ones.

I went the other way with my 750 twin, I left the front stock and put 14.75" Koni shocks on the rear. No real obvious change just looking at it, but I have to park with my side stand on a 2"x4" now, and it steers better. And it rides a "bunch" better, much better than the Progressive shocks I put on my last 750 twin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just slide the forks up till they hit the bars, the farther up they are in the clamp, the stronger they are.

You want to make sure the tire/fender doesn't hit anything when the forks are at full compression.

I went the other way with my 750 twin, I left the front stock and put 14.75" Koni shocks on the rear. No real obvious change just looking at it, but I have to park with my side stand on a 2"x4" now, and it steers better. And it rides a "bunch" better, much better than the Progressive shocks I put on my last 750 twin.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts

steel..when sliding up the forks can the wheel still be on the ground.. or does it have to be off the ground.. also how high up about....thank you.. risen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And about that time Richard Dean Anderson would throw in his "Whatever". :lol: It was a major mistake on their part to let him get away and go from a staring role to making infrequent guest appearances.
yeah I wasn't too happy. but I am a fan of Farscape so I was ok with the new additions.
He does have a regular role (even though very small) in most of the SG Universe episodes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.