Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone ! I'm after some help and this seemed a fountain of knowledge .
I have a 92 kawasaki gt750 p7 and needed to replace the wiring and ic igniter . in the haste to make notes I lost some and now have no idea which colour wires to into the 6 pin connector on the cdi unit . it's a hitachi 61119-1357 with a 4pin and 6 pin connector block . if someone has this bike and can share the image of the connecting wires or if you have an ignitor wiring diagram I would be forever grateful :giggle: .....

·
Super Moderator
1,906 Posts
Lack of response to this post may be because I think you have a typo in the igniter part number which I think is supposed to be:

21119-1357

Also it seems this model was never sold in North America. Why won't the existing plugs plug right into your new igniter?

Have you checked for pictures of wiring harnesses for sale? With detailed pix you might get the info you need. Here is one example.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lack of response to this post may be because I think you have a typo in the igniter part number which I think is supposed to be:

21119-1357

Also it seems this model was never sold in North America. Why won't the existing plugs plug right into your new igniter?

Have you checked for pictures of wiring harnesses for sale? With detailed pix you might get the info you need. Here is one example.
hi there , you are correct ,it was a typo. I had a bike with the loom removed and was starting from scratch with rewiring and had no idea of what the pin configuration was on the cdi unit . I had some help on another forum but it showed the pin layout for a zephyr which seemed correct but I don't want to pop the unit. if any members have the same bike I just need an image of the actual cdi unit and the plugs inserted to show me the correct setup .
👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts