Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any facts about the ICON helmets.. and some experiance with these helmets.... i just went to this site that showed me some of the icon helmets.. they seem pretty good everything you would want in a helmet... not very expensive... EXCEEDs ALL DOT and Snell 2000 requirements.... removable cheek pads so you can easily clean them.. easy with no tools removal of the visor and these are some of the other specifications of the helmet ( ICON Mainframe Kitty Fusion)...The Mainframe helmet was designed with the rider's safety, fit and funciton in mind
The Fusion finish is the combination of clear-coat technology and Icon's Rubatone (rubberized) paint
Features include a venturi super-vent system for the ultimate in airflow
A three position dorsal switch acts as an additional ram-air vent to increase the overall cooling of the helmet
The shell is constructed of a fiberglass/dyneema blend and is lined with a dual density styrene liner for incredible strength without undue weight
this is also a 2005 year model.

your comments, facts, and opinios on this helmet or other ICON helmets are muchly appreiciated

JaMEs
ThAnKS
Here's a picture of the helmet i was looking at..if i get it i would probably change the color that is if i can

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres another picture of a better looking one and same specifications

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just had to add this one one of the sickest helmets ive seen same specifications as the mainframe kitty fusion helmet
REAL NICEEEEEE

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone know any facts about these icon helmets ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have one but i have the alliance and I am really happy with it. I think I am going to give it to my girl friend and I am going to buy the mainframe for my self.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Labels

Labels are for those that have to have an identy. When your life is at stake do you want a label or something tat will protect your life? I'm only saying get a helmet that FITS your individual head, Perfectly. To hell with Bell, Icon, or ANY label. As an adult rider you will someday look at helmets and understand...fit is more important than any name or decal posted on it. Sorry if it sounds like a lecture...but don't get hyped up on a helmet till you try one on...yo may find that another helmet fits better.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
hjc

I too have an HJC, two Bells and a trashed out helmet. I'll be trying on new helmets when I get my next bike...Something quiet...and adjustable ventilation along with it being WHITE in color and then adding some 3M reflective tape to it...and a cross to the back of it. Shoei, HJC, ICON, whatever is in the shop or next shop, as long as it feels good and I can get extra face shields for it...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ah.......but looks are very VERY important ZX-2R!!! :D

If you like your helmet and like how it looks! You are more likely to use it!! I think it adds to the individuality of our sport and I love it!! You are absolutely correct in stating that the most important factor in selecting a helmet is fit. But if you can get the correct fit and have an awesome looking helmet on top of that! WOW! What a combination!!! 8)

Otherwise, I say we have only mean green machines (like mine)! No blue, red, silver or black bikes!! Oh and no mods!!

Just my 2 cents! :wink:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hmm...Pondering...

Can you really see the outside of your own helmet...I know...Stand in front of a mirror and yell "Ta da"...just kidding...I like white for the base...although right now I only have one...tehn a red one then a custom painted eagle.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts