Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up one of these yesterday from newenough (the last one they had in stock).

So far I've been very impressed with the quality and fit of this jacket. It is lacking in the armor department, but I just need to get some $$ and buy the different pieces.

Compared to my JR Pheonix jacket this thing is like leather. It flows air very well, but it doesn't feel (or look) like you're wearing any traditional mesh jackets. The sleeves actually go to the end of my arms, although waist could be a bit longer, but it still fits quite well. I don't think the styling is for everybody, but it suits me well.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey Freakinout! :D

I have the exact same jacket! :D I have to agree with the construction, I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix 2 and it really feels like just a mesh, on the other hand the Icon feels like a real jacket! The air flow on the Icon is awesome! :D People always ask me if I'm burning up in the Icon :shock: Then I show them that you can actually see through the mesh and they fall in love with it.

I also don't think the photo does it justice, the stitches are not as bright as the photo. At least not mine.

I'm curious, how would you add more armor??

Ed

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really sure how to add more armor, but I was told by the guys at newenough that I could. I know I'll at least have to add a back protector to this jacket, if I can't add other stuff as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awesome! I'm sure I am going to get that jacket when the right time rolls around. I, also noticed that it didn't have a back protector so I wanted to add that as well, but is there any other armor you would recommend that it doesn't have?

I've got a nice gear lineup for cheap. TiMax Mesh(black), HJC CL-14 Smoke(DOT and SNELL approved), and Alpinestars SP-S Gloves(black)

The total comes to $420.99

:)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to figure out how to add armor in the shoulders, arms, and back, but it does have some armor in them, just not enough for my comfort.

·
Registered
605 Posts
there is of course the armor you can strap on underneath, I know a few companies do arm and leg, and joe rocket and others do back protection, so in all reality you could just strap on that as long as you didn't worry about temp or rocks flying up and hitting bare skin :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Unfortunately pricey, the Dainese protection suits are built well. Hard armor on the outside with foam under it to disperse a hit to a greater portion of your body.

Go cheap if you want ,but how much is your body worth to you?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NinjaGirl said:
It looks like you be in the TRON movie!!! Cool jacket, and cool place you got it from!! :wink: :wink:
Haha, :lol: I hadn't thought about that, but it does kinda look like it came out of tron.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

hijack! - i haven't heard TRON in years - had a flashback :lol:

i saw disney's on ice version of tron years ago with dorothy hamill as the star
and it was the coolest show i think i've ever seen. all blacklights and lasers
and this was when industrial lasers were first coming out. and the costumes
and skating were amazing 8)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Whats the price for one of those? I have been looking for a jacket with the most protection and comfort but for the least amount of money, i do like the look of the icon though.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kmcbee1414 said:
Whats the price for one of those? I have been looking for a jacket with the most protection and comfort but for the least amount of money, i do like the look of the icon though.
$160 + shipping from www.newenough.com They are the cheapest place anywhere.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im going to have to pick one of those up(if there in stock), but in the blue. Do you think i should go with the demin pants or the textile pants or just whatever jeans i put on in the morning(might sound like a stupid question but im still new to this stuff)?

·
Registered
54 Posts
i was also looking at the icon jeans since they say they are heavy weight cotton. i went searching and found a pair of wranglers carpenter style paints that are heavier weight cotton that the icons and half the price. they dont have the mesh like the icons but half the price and heavier, you cant beat that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts