Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Icy fingertips

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Bucky 
#1 ·
I have found that I can stand temps as low as 40F at night with clear sky or even light rain. I don't have any heated gear just leather gloves mc jacket and chaps. I end my ride just fine except my fingertips are frozen. Everything else is fine, warm even. A typical hand warmer packet in the glove wouldn't seem to work as its not my palm but tips of fingers. Any suggestions are certainly welcome. Thanks.

#2 ·
I have the same problem but just one finger on each hand. Yrs ago dr. said it was from tennis elbow or golf elbow or whatever caused a little nerve damage along the way. Nothing much can be done about it except keep that part warm.

#3 ·
I have the same problem but just one finger on each hand. Yrs ago dr. said it was from tennis elbow or golf elbow or whatever caused a little nerve damage along the way. Nothing much can be done about it except keep that part warm.
I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and have Raynaud's disease. My fingers and feet turn white and numb when exposed to cold, and unfortunately it doesn't have to be that cold. So, I started looking around the Internet for heated gloves. The bike gloves I found on the usual sites looked bulky and not conducive to grabbing the brake or clutch.

Long story short: Heated Gloves Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, MotionHeat™ - Heated Wear

Power In Motion is a company in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with distributors in Ontario as well. They sell a heated vest and apparently they are working on socks too which I will definitely order.

The prices are Canadian, but not much difference now in the dollar. I received the gloves today and they are indeed comfortable, warm and fit nicely inside my leather gloves. I have just extended my riding season by about 2 months! Because you don't have to be tethered to the bike battery, these gloves can be worn for any outdoor activities...like shoveling snow :/

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.