Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new here and hoping you can help me,,,
iv'e got a second hand 1999 Bayou 300 4x4 was in very good shape or i thought it was,just lately it idols fine and starts good but when i give it gas the engine revs like it should but the bike is slow to get going, after about 30 min. of riding it seems to clear up, maybe still a little slugish in throttle responce.
i have cleaned the air filter , it has a new plug, all new fluids, could'nt find a fuel filter (is it supposed to have one????) iv'e tried full throttle only to get a high reving engine and a slow moving bike:confused: , iv'e even let it warm up for 15min but it still does it any ideas????

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Your clutch is slipping. By the way you have been running it, the plates will need to be replaced, and possibly the centrifugal clutch will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by the way iv'e been running it?? im probly the most non distructive person on my vehecles that you'll meet,,,anyway if it is the cluth would it not have the problems all the time??? and also how hard is it to change??? are there kits that have everything that would be need'ed ??? i really don't want to take it to the dealer,, they charge way to much:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
No, I dont mean it like that. I mean that it was still run after it started slipping, which leads to wrecked clutch plates. If you have a couple wrenches you can replace the parts yourself, it is quite easy. If you havent driven it much at all since it started slipping, then you may be able to get away with just adjusting the clutch.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
None that I know of. It is a bit too lengthy for me to tell you how to do it, so I would recommend getting a repair manual. You should be able to find one cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks ill check it out , iv'e got a sheep hunt coming up and i dont want to be stuck at camp while the others are huntig:lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by the way if i pull the cover off the clutch what am i looking for to determine its bad or going bad????thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts