Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm would like to turn up the idle on 1982 440LTD. The books says the screws are sealed. How to get at the idle adjustment and which one is it? Thanks

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
The screws your book is talking about are the mixture screws, you don't want to mess with those. The idle adjust is a large knob you turn with your fingers. It's between the carbs on the bottom and you reach it by going under the carbs on the airbox side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The screws your book is talking about are the mixture screws, you don't want to mess with those. The idle adjust is a large knob you turn with your fingers. It's between the carbs on the bottom and you reach it by going under the carbs on the airbox side.
The airbox sits directly behind the tank in front of the battery. There really isn't a side, pretty much in the middle. On my 550LTD there is a knob, this one looks like the throttle cable comes down in the center but no knob.:confused:

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Hmm guess my description wasn't clear enough. It's between the carbs on the bottom and you reach it by going under the carbs on the airbox side of the carbs (or behind the carbs if you like). If yours is missing you will need to replace it in order to get a good idle. Go to the parts breakdown for the carb assembly at Kawasaki.com and you can see where it should be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts