Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the Bike to Blast off Like Usual...But now when I try to adjust the idle..It hangs in there for a Bit..but then it'll be idling at bout 2500~ish in neutral, cuz I cant get it to go to 2000 without it dying..and itll be going along at 2500 Idle....So Ill take off...then when I come to the first stop..the RPM begins idling at around 4500 then when I try to adjust it down slowly then outta no where It idles down to nothing and i gotta use the throttle to keep it going and crank the idle adjust again to get it back to where I was in the beginning 2500...I checked the Jets..and Floats when I had em off they were fine...any Ideas on what else it could be? The Idle adjust is fine too BtW as far as i can see =) Thx for yer Info!!

~Jesse

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jesse, it sounds like either you're running lean or sucking air. Your airbox, filter, and all carb ducting must be leak free for the bike to run right. If you can't find any air leak then try adjusting your mixture screws out about 1/2 turn. BTW, did you remove the mix screws when you cleaned your carbs?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Are the butterfly valves free of carbon? Are they sticking a little? Sometimes carbon will build up. Just shoot some carb cleaner and there you go if that is doing it. You mentioned that you had the bottom of the carbs taken apart, but didn't say anything about the top half.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didnt mess with the top

Just cleaned the bottom Cuz it was a Clogged Jet that was giving me my first problem....Im thinking its a Vacuum leak cuz everything is running normally except the idle...Is there supposed to be a hole Up by the part of the air box that slips in the bracket besides the 2 main air holes in back? ....or is the hole Up where the bracket connects the front of the air box down supposed to be plugged? wasnt sure.

Thanks!
~Jesse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts