Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my batwing fairing is done..........finally, all the days of hand sanding and all the crap that goes with it.

now, that leaves me with my spare I havent touched. I have no desire to work on it,even for fun.

so if anyone wants it..........ship it to yourself and its yours.

I wont kid ya, it will take a lot of sanding and prep work, I mean a lot

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
well, my batwing fairing is done..........finally, all the days of hand sanding and all the crap that goes with it.

now, that leaves me with my spare I havent touched. I have no desire to work on it,even for fun.

so if anyone wants it..........ship it to yourself and its yours.

I wont kid ya, it will take a lot of sanding and prep work, I mean a lot
Really?
Outer and inner, or just outer?
Real HD?

I've been considering a fairing for quite some time to let me put in a better stereo.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same as the one I am finishing, no inner shell, I had to make 2 of the bolts. but I did also include pods for speakers, my object is to put the 100 watt amp in the laft hard bag, and I have 2 black marine speakers 5 1/4 to go in the fairing. I did a test run, it blasts even at 70 with no shield on

these were taken right when I started working on it. The idea after painting, is to upholster the insdide and the speaker pods, and add a cigarette lighter power plug

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Looks like a fun project.

I wonder if I can integrate it into NS Switchblade shield mounts to make it quick-release?

Lacking an inner is probably not such a bad thing... will probably fit better with the apes and tach.

I'll be working in Fontana on Monday, but I think I'm in Santa Ana Tuesday and could pick it up after work.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Earphones.
External systems only work well for cruisers with fairings or shields... wind noise is the problem.

I'm currently using the Rumble Road amplified system, and it works well and is compact. It's 45 watts per (which isn't bad) but at speed, the bass goes away anyways, and bumping the bass only results in serious distortion.
The unit has no volume or tone controls, and my GPS volume control only runs increments of 10... and it's a HUGE jump from 80 to 90 and 90 to 100... 100 distorts badly, though I can run 100 plugged into my cage's system.

I'd like the best of both worlds... a standard marine radio with IPOD input, then I can leave the GPS on a moderate level and control everything from the head unit, and turn the bass down to crank it louder and bring out the rest of the programming.

Plus if I build the inner right, I can run 4 speakers and get the full 200 watts.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
yea... but i don't know where to put the speakers on it
this is a custom job, you have not stated what size speakers you are wanting to use. there is no way we can tell you where to put them. are you going to use an amp? what type of head unit or are you going to try to run the speakers off the output of the ipod or whatever you are using?

here's an idea.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is sweet
do u think there is any way to put speakers like that in a ninja 250?
tiger♥
actually, I believe when I looked at it, I was thinking how easy it would be to put some 4" soeakers in it, wull have to go look again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts