Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the manual for a wiring question. I want to find out if the pick up coils are installed properly. Can they be reversed? I can find them in the schematic but I am not sure how the schematic is oriented compared to the Mule. The rear pick up coil has the w/bl and pink wires. I am concerned some one has installed the wrong. Maybe some one has one they can look at for me....thanks

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
They only install correctly one way. You will see a loop of wire on each one that is longer on the lower screw side than on the upper side. That side is installed down when bolted to the engine.

If the short side of the wire is routed down it makes it very difficult to install and keep the wire routed properly as you will end up with a loop of wire at the top of each pulsing coil with no where to go but in a mess of tangled wire.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a little confused. Are you referring to mounting them upside down? One lead is much longer than the other. Logically speaking one would think the longer wire would go to the back and the shorter to the front. ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts