Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Power Commander on the V2K is powered off the fuel pump. When your starting the V2K, if you don't catch it while the pump is running the PC3 powers down and the bike starts hard. Is there a mod out there to power the PC3 straight off the ignition. I have looked all over and have found nothing, maybe I am using the wrong search terms.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone doing it. All you have to do is hit the ignition while the speedo is cycling. Alternatively, tap the starter slightly to energize the fuel pump, then hit it again quickly to start.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I kinda figured. I haven't found nothing and have searched around for a while. I just think it's kinda mickey mouse..... Contacted Dynojet to see what they have to say. Thanks for the reply anyway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my answer from Dynojet today.

If you want continuous power when you turn the ignition switch on for the Power Commander on the VN2000, here is a direct quote from the Dynojet technical staff.....

"You can run any switched power source you like into either the red wire on the 9 volt battery adapter or the red wire on the Power Commander's harness. A lot of times we will have people use their tail lights as the alternate power source."

I will probably use the 9 volt battery adapter....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run switched power to my power commander today using the 9 volt battery adapter. I cut the Ground wire off the adapter and the red wire goes to my park lights. I also filled the rest of the holes in the top part of the adapter with silicone to prevent any moisture getting into the PC3 and where the adapter plugs into the PC3 around the sealing edges I put some Dielectric Grease to help keep the moisture out. It works slick now and you don't have to worry about the PC3 powering down before you get it started. It also makes it nice when you have a laptop plugged into the PC3. I ripped the lid off my tool box under the right side cover and mounted the PC3 there. It's a slick install and was great when I had the Dynotune. The guy just pulled the cover off to plug in and didn't have to take the seat off. Lots more room, and much more tidy.

I would recommend all of the above when installing a Power Commander on a V2K.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Great info. When I upgraded from the Cobra fuel management to the PCIII I liked the performance better but the only down side was everytime I start the bike. I will try this too. Tks for passing this to us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.