Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ignition relocation mod for the EN500,VN800 and VN1500 are partially posted on Paul Andreasen's Motorcycle Mods Page.
The whole mod and kit aren't done but you can see what they will do and look like. We found out the same kit will fit the above bikes as they use the same console parts! Cool, huh? Check it out and spread the word to those folks.

:p :p :p :p

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'll just copy and paste my other post:

So this relocates your key to the gas tank instead of down on the side? That's pretty cool. What price point are you shooting for?

·
Registered
307 Posts
The ignition relocation mod for the EN500,VN800 and VN1500 are partially posted on Paul Andreasen's Motorcycle Mods Page.
The whole mod and kit aren't done but you can see what they will do and look like. We found out the same kit will fit the above bikes as they use the same console parts! Cool, huh? Check it out and spread the word to those folks.

:p :p :p :p
Great info, I just wish someone would make it for the 900!!

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
900 relo

Try one of there. Should be able to modify for the 900 without too much difficulty.

Ignition Switch Relo

Key Relocation Using Kuryakyn V-Shield Horn Cover
The local Kawi dealer asked me to try them next. If you keep more than one key or anything but soft fob on keyring it scratches paint badly. (according to him) He wanted either a different location or a cover for the plastic panel to protect it. Said they sold a LOT of panels to replaced scratched ones from a mod just like this. (heresay so far, but it looks right)
The Kuryakyn looks nice and shouldn't hurt anything, but you still wouldnt want but the one key there! I ain't trying to fix everything, it's just FUN, and so many people have asked for stuff. Site (www.en500.us)gets 50-80 hits a day right now on just about each mod.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Romad, when you get one for the 900, I'm definitely interested.

I posted a question here a while back asking if anyone knew of such a kit. The most common response was "why would you want to" or similar. Guess I'm not crazy after all!

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Price

I'll just copy and paste my other post:

So this relocates your key to the gas tank instead of down on the side? That's pretty cool. What price point are you shooting for?
Not sure yet, still trying ti get prices down for low qty. Definately under $200

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wellll

Hey Romad, when you get one for the 900, I'm definitely interested.

I posted a question here a while back asking if anyone knew of such a kit. The most common response was "why would you want to" or similar. Guess I'm not crazy after all!
I can't guarantee you're not nuts (you ARE here on this Forum) But so far we started with the kit for just the EN500, and then found it fit the 800 and some 1500s. We have had over 500 requests for info, and about 50-60 for 900s. Like I said in another post, a local Kawi dealer asked me to look into them, and we will, just takes time. Should actually be easier. I love doing stuff like this so...
Keep checking in on Paul Andreasen's Motorcycle Mods Page, I will try to keep info up to date. Posting here all the time seems to get me yelled at. Some thanks you's, and some not!

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
maybe its just me, but I like the key location on my 900.
I even relocated my ignition to the same location on my '74 750F
Its out of the way, out of site (kinda) and easy to insert key while sitting
on the bike.

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok

maybe its just me, but I like the key location on my 900.
I even relocated my ignition to the same location on my '74 750F
Its out of the way, out of site (kinda) and easy to insert key while sitting
on the bike.
Hey, where YOU like it, is where it ought to be!! That's the only reason I came up with the mod!!
"If you don't like it, you won't ride it!"

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Ignition relation mod is DONE!! Pricing on Paul Andreasen's Motorcycle Mods Page. Not doing this as a business but through my business (using it's money) so hopefully I don't go broke making kits instead of just mine!!! (wonder how many of the kit "requesters" I will see ORDERING!)
Turned out better than I thought. Experienced install, maybe an hour or less. Amateur, maybe two hours. NOTHING required but the kit, and a cold brew (or warm tea for back home in Maine) Will have instructions for the do-it myself crowd soon.
Paul

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ignition switch relocation kit for EN500 & VN800 is not only done, but just posted complete (except for install) DIY instruction for the die hard masochists out there! Enjoy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts