Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I'm back in the family for real. Was out Christmas shopping today (for Lisa) and we ending up with me riding home an 05 VN800B. Pearl red with gold pinstiping, 6800 miles on the ticker. Dealership changed the oil and filled the gas tank before I left. Tires are decent (for Exedras). Only accessory is a Fire and Steel luggage rack (for now). Windshield and bags coming soon (as soon as I finish modding my old 800A bags). Seat will be studded out and restitched in red, just like my A was.

I think I need to learn how to ride again, 16s on both ends of the bike feels funny after 19 or 21 inch front wheels for the last 10 years.

And yes, I got Lisa some Christmas stuff while I was out...sheesh.

And I must be getting old, I had picked up a metallic red 3/4 helmet (Snell/DOT) this morning before I ever went to the Kawi dealership.

I got tired of waiting for a Drifter to turn up on Craig's list, and this Classic gave me an instant bike chubby...:biggrin:

Man oh man, it feels good to be home again. Pics soon, it is dark out right now.
-Scruffy

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come down for Christmas and you can ride it... Open house is the 22nd of this month...Lisa is a gourmet cook...
-Scruffy

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
If I EVER get the insane thought of getting rid of my Drifter :shock:, I'll let you have 1st dibs Scruff. Welcome back to the road on a 800, that should make up for alot.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sure beats riding the backbreaker, er, barhopper...:biggrin:

Kept the barhopper. So we now have 5 bikes at the house, well, sort of. Her 1998 VS800 Intruder, my Savage and Vulcan, a 1963 Honda CL72 cafe/dual sport hybrid (at work in my broke down pickup) and a 1972ish Rickman frame with a couple 1964ish Benelli-Montgomery Wards 125cc 2 stroker engines in my studio. That Benelli junk is getting turned into johnboat anchors first chance I get...

Dibs on the Drifter? Cool...but I'll be dead or in a chair long before you get there my friend.
-Scruffy

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
You can weld.
Make a drifter fender for it and you're halfway there!

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Nice score, mate!!! I love to read stories like this. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Congrats man and welcome back, sounds like you got a good bike there. Enjoy!!!

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
Congrats!!! Great bike you got there!

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
WELCOME HOME SCUFFY!!!!!!! :biggrin:
I sure have missed you!!!!!! I hope this new bike purchase means you'll hang out with us more often :tongue:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I wish I lived closer and could make the Open House :cry:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
We missed you. Glad you found another ride.

Now can you post in the Vintage section? I'm trying to keep it alive!

Welcome back, my friend!

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
We missed you. Glad you found another ride.

Now can you post in the Vintage section? I'm trying to keep it alive!

Welcome back, my friend!
I'm helping now! Because of you, I've started hanging out in there, and have seen some awesome bike projects going on in there!!! :biggrin:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
good to see you on the forum again

as trike suggested....we'll be needing some pics of your fine ride

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Sounds like Christmas is starting out really good, congratulations. Now let see if we count this as the first day, you've got 11 more days to go. ;) Sing along......bling-bling-bling.....bling-bling-bling...blinging all the way.....8)

·
Ridden like a Ford!
4,063 Posts
congrats on the bike scruffy. we need pics man!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts