Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Vulcan 750 tonight! I haven't ridden a bike for 20 years and I'm 48 so I let my daughter take it home for me.

I couldn't resist once I got home and rode it all around the block and in a parking lot doing some circles and figure eights.

All went well and I will just keep practicing with it till I feel comfortable enough to take the driving test.

I'm going to love the bike. It has a great look and the engine is VERY smooth.

Jim!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the club 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jump right in and ask any questions you can dream up, lots of excellent bike knowledge here, just watch out for the ocassional troll :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah you got to watch out for them trolls, hahaha :lol: I hear a lot of people who quit riding for a log time then start backj up agian. Wonder why that is? Any way welcome.

·
Registered
272 Posts
kmcbee1414 said:
Yeah you got to watch out for them trolls, hahaha :lol: I hear a lot of people who quit riding for a log time then start backj up agian. Wonder why that is? Any way welcome.
Heck, some people think I'm a troll :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to give up biking thanks to Uncle Sam sending me to Okinawa & then to North Dakota. Finally got settled down & was able to afford a bike so I'm back on 2 wheels once again 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
134 Posts
kmcbee1414 said:
I hear a lot of people who quit riding for a log time then start backj up agian. Wonder why that is? Any way welcome.
Sometimes you get married and have children, which can reprioritize your life. Later on, when the kids get older, the call of the bike hits you again. Or so I've heard.... 8)

·
Registered
837 Posts
same here...mariage,kids,college and now...big daddys turn again..he he he

·
Registered
7 Posts
Having kids 20 years ago ended my cycling. I could not find a way to attach a car seat to my last bike, so I sold it.

Well - my first born is now getting married - so I figured it was time for my mid life crisis. I can't believe how much fun I have been missing.

BTW - my daughter is really pissed I got a bike - digging into her wedding budget....

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
always about them!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

tell her your saving money popcorn-the way gas prices have gone :evil:

·
Registered
134 Posts
popcorn said:
BTW - my daughter is really pissed I got a bike - digging into her wedding budget....
:wink: Congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
tell her your saving money popcorn-the way gas prices have gone :evil:
bike - thats what I told my wife.

·
Registered
137 Posts
pequeajim said:
I couldn't resist once I got home and rode it all around the block and in a parking lot doing some circles and figure eights.
All went well and I will just keep practicing with it till I feel comfortable enough to take the driving test.
Jim!
Welcome back to the two wheel world, Jim!
You might want to consider the Mororcycle Safety Foundation's Basid Rider Course. My wife and I took it a few years ago, even though we have been riding quite a while. Learned some new stuff and got reminded of some old stuff.
In any event, have a ball!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts