Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Do the lines of a large skirted front fender look good on a Nomad?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• DON'T CARE

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I Like ;) , I've thought about it on my 1500 classic. But I really like the look on the Nomad with the hard bags. Here's a pic I downloaded off Ebay a while back. It has a Drifter fender. Not sure how you could clean up the cut-out for the front brakes.

View attachment 32819

Attachments

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
I don't think it looks bad, and I know that the drifter fender is similar, but it seems like that style of fender is so much associated with an Indian it just screams "I'm copying the look of an Indian". Just my worthless 2 cents.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW Jared you have a totally cool website!
Thanks! It's still a work in progress. I would like to organize it a little better, so that it is more user friendly. If you follow blogs, keep an eye on it. That is most likely where I'll be posting about the changes to my bike.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
What does the port side look like? Can you get at the brakes without pulling the fender? Can you get the fender off without pulling the wheel? Can you pull the wheel without pulling the caliper?

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I Like ;) , I've thought about it on my 1500 classic. But I really like the look on the Nomad with the hard bags. Here's a pic I downloaded off Ebay a while back. It has a Drifter fender. Not sure how you could clean up the cut-out for the front brakes.

View attachment 32819
Although it kind of gives you an idea, the drifter fender are designed for a single caliper. He had to cut out a spot for the right caliper, leaving that ugly spot on the right.

For myself, I would rather use a metal fender because I can fill blang spots and cut the fender quite easily.

Indian® Front fender

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.