Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I'm from Europe and I have 500miles of riding expirience..
Since it's now time for buying a bike I'll need few advices from you.
I'm looking for VN 750 but they are vary rare here (not for sale in Europe since 95') I live in Macedonia, I've tried Vulcan 500 and it's some how fits me hard ,but I think I 'm to large for that bike 6'1" 220 pounds..

Since I didn't have a chance to sit on VN 750 ,but I can import used one from Germany..I really need yours opinion.. will VN 750 fit me well or to go for VN 800(I don't like chain and it don't have hydraulic valves,no center stand and neutral gear light indicator ,also less powered then VN 750 and also more expencive here in Europe since it's newer production bike since 95' on..)
And I want to go on higway too and I'm bad mehanic from expirience with my car so I need trouble free bike ..
Whats your expirience ???? What to go for??
Thank you... :cry:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome zuty :wink:

i've seen bigger guys on the 500 than you so i don't think your too big :wink:
the 750 and the 800 will fit you also but they will sit and feel different from the 500 and from each other. its prolly going to come down to what styling you like better the 750 semi-chopper look or the 800 crusier style.
both bikes have had few complaints as far as mechanical problems as long as you maintain them.the 800 does have a neutral indicator light,and may be slightly more comfortable on long hiway rides.its a tuff choice both are well suited for the task they asked to do.i don't think i'd buy a used bike sight unseen though - stay with a new one or one that's local to your area
whatever you decide you'll be happy-they are both fine scoots :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vulcan 750

Just sold a 1995 750. Excellent handling machine. I'm 6' 215+. With the short wind deflector there was very little buffeting at 65+ mph. Acceleration and cornering were outstanding. With minimum maint. you should have a very dependable machine for a long time. The 750 Vulcan took me away from Hondas and I am now a confirmed Vulcan believer. Good luck !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts