Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace a left turn signal on my wifes 2007 honda vlx 600. The plastic chrome is cracked. I have not done this before. How are the wires reconnected. (Have not taken it apart yet or bought the parts) Are they plug in, do they need to be soldered. wire nut or what. I dont want to take it apart and then have to take it somewhere or wait for another part to be delivered to the dealer. Do I need to pulled the headlight.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I'd imagine for assembly speed at the factory that your Wife's bike has the same type of "Bullet" connectors for the wiring as most Kawasaki's do. They simply unplug from female connectors. If the bike has front running lights in the turn signals then you will have three wires to disconnect/re-connect, A ground, the running light circuit and the turn signal circuit.

The terminations are probably in the headlight housing so make a diagram of what wire goes where after you remove the headlight (the housing can stay mounted, just pull the reflector as the wiring is usually right behind it).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts