Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my hands on a 94 ZX6. Its been sitting for a couple of years and the inner bearings needed to be replaced before that or so I was told. I've taken some pics of it and would like any help anyone can offer.
I don't know if I can attach them here or not, I tried and couldn't, don't know if I'm doing it wrong or not. Anyways, I plan on fixing the bike up myself and doing it for as little money as possible, this is my first bike and I don't want to invest much money into it. Since its been sitting for so long what will need to be done inorder to get it to proper working order. I know that inoder to fix the original problem the motor needed to be split and the bearings replaced, how involved is that going to be, I've stipped the bike already and will tear the rest apart when I get a decent place to work on it.
I have the pictures if anyone wants to help me out and look at them I will email the pics to them.
Thanks
Matt

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
first ya need to know if any bearings ACTUALLY need replaced and then WHICH bearings need replaced. unless you are highly confident in your mech. abilities i wouldnt go pulling a bike engine down. if you do you better have a FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL and not the junk CLYMERS stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts