Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok big dummy question here, I bought a battery tender with pigtail for my bike. I removed the battery cover and I know how to install them to the terminals but was wondering do I feed the line up thru onto the top of the black plastic battery cover and then have them stick out under the seat that way. I sure can't lay them down where the belt is turning. Anyone already do this and if you have a picture that would be great. Sorry but usually it isn't such a big deal to do this.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
I ran mine up the wire way on the right hand side of the bike so its under the tank. I wedged it in and pull it out when I need to charge the battery. And welcome to the forum. Post some pics of your ride when you can.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I set mine up, so when not in use they lie in the tray in front of the tool box, no hard ship to pop the seat and un coil & connect. Also even though my pigtail has a water proof boot, having it lie in liitl tray, keeps it even furth out the way of any moisture....Will get i pcture tomorrow all being well

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
Mine is routed out from behind the cover on the right side of the bike just below the seat. I close it off with the boot when not in use and tuck it under the cover. When I need it I just pull it gently out from it hiding place and connect it. Gotta love the Battery Tender, never a dead battery and I still have my original in a 3 year old bike an its going strong.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
I wired mine so it runs under the tank and comes out on the left side kind of hidden by the left side solnoid (I think) cover. I also wired a cigarette outlet that runs from the handlebars to the same point, so when not plugged into the battery tender it is plugged into the cigarette outlet to power my GPS, I pod or whatever I need to charge.

·
Sick Puppy
3,210 Posts
I wired mine so it runs under the tank and comes out on the left side kind of hidden by the left side solnoid (I think) cover. I also wired a cigarette outlet that runs from the handlebars to the same point, so when not plugged into the battery tender it is plugged into the cigarette outlet to power my GPS, I pod or whatever I need to charge.
I was thinking of also adding the cigarette outlet, then plugging the tender directly into it. Simple is good.:smile:

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
I did the same thing, though mine outlet peeks out from the front of the tank where it's a bit more sheltered. My local dealer had the outlets with the proper connections to the Battery Tender pigtail on it.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
I set mine up, so when not in use they lie in the tray in front of the tool box, no hard ship to pop the seat and un coil & connect. Also even though my pigtail has a water proof boot, having it lie in liitl tray, keeps it even furth out the way of any moisture....Will get i pcture tomorrow all being well
that what i did with mine.

Just gotta pop the seat off and it's there waiting to be plugged in :)
easy job. 10 seconds max.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else have a problem getting the fuse on the stock pig tails to fit under the battery tray? I can't seem to route the pig tails so that the fuse block on the negative terminal doesn't interfere with the tray.

Any advice appreciated.

Also, I like the cigarette lighter plug idea... anyone got part numbers for this mod?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts