Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a Baron Bullet tach (3") on my V2K. I learned a few things:

1. It's a pain in the *** to find a good place to mount it because the nacelle and cables are in the way.

2. It's a pain to lie on my back on a freezing concrete floor to set up the connections on the coils.

3. My bike starts (unhappily) when it's -11 out. Must be the 5W40 Rotella syn I put into it for the winter.

At any rate, the tach works well, is beautiful, and I'm quite happy with it. This is the second Baron tach I've owned (the last one mounted on the brake reservoir on my old Sabre) and both were top notch. Plus it's simple to install.

Now I have a looooooooooong wait before I can ride it again. Boo.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
I have the Baron Tach too, and I love it. Temperatures here today in this part of Canada is a balmy 32f. Makes me wanna go jump in a lake somewhere lol. I'll be riding again come early April..............Hopefully !

·
Old and nasty
517 Posts
Ditto, got mine beginning of 09, installed on my 900 custom and I love it. Every once in a while it will jump just a little bit, but mostly it is steady. I love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.