Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TEXAS PATRIOT GUARD
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now finished installing Ron's Road King Radio Box on my '05 Nomad. Radio is a Pioneer and speakers are Infinity. Module is a hand laid fiberglass unit made by the owner of the company. See photos below.

I cut a cd with mps songs on it and it plays great on the radio. Not sure how many tunes I put on the cd but well over a hundred I'm sure.
Wayne
Night Flight

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Wayne. Great that you finially got it on. Do you love it? Does it sound like high quality? Can you hear it over your Cobras? Does it reduced visibility any? Any problems installing it with the risers as instead of stock? What about riding in the rain are you worried about that?

·
TEXAS PATRIOT GUARD
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twoskinsoneman said:
Hey Wayne. Great that you finially got it on. Do you love it? Does it sound like high quality? Can you hear it over your Cobras? Does it reduced visibility any? Any problems installing it with the risers as instead of stock? What about riding in the rain are you worried about that?
It has 50 W speakers and a booster antenna. It really has a volume. Should be able to hear it over the pipes, maybe. LOL No reduced visibility as I am looking over the radio, in fact I don't believe it is any more than the HD fairing would block out. I also bought the rain cover but at speeds the rain should not be too bad but then I don't ride in downpours.

I installed this using one clamp on each side of the box with a rubber grommet that has metal threads inside at one end. Back of box rests on the pull back risers. When I put the grommet into the hole I drilled in the box, the bolt I used pulled the grommet up against the box and expanded so it would not pull back thru. Parts were bought at a local hardware for less than $5 and the radio is mounted entirely on the handlebars. I can take the windshield off for cleaning without disturbing the radio box.

I'll be at Eureka Springs Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to check it out.

Wayne
Night Flight

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,386 Posts
now that you have all the kinks worked out, come install it on my ride.

looks good, bet it sounds great.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Fine lookin job ya done there! Can ya compete with them boys with the big boomin base systems??? ;) Heh heh, yeah I know, that's what the Cobra's are for! Is that a Wal Mart bicycle bottle holder ya got there??

·
TEXAS PATRIOT GUARD
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pitchinguy said:
Is that a Wal Mart bicycle bottle holder ya got there??
That's the Wally World water bottle. Less than $5 for the mod. Also, there's a coin holder mounted between the risers and a cigarette lighter mounted to the right side but not hooked up yet. Still thinking about cutting a hole in the module and putting the lighter in that unit. Decisions, decisions!!!!

Bass works great too. Radio has several settings for tone etc.
Wayne
Night Flight

·
Registered
164 Posts
looks nice...i was wondering about the sound myself. Be harder to fit one of those on our MS's since our Speedo's are on the topside of bars...but your's looks nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.