Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the Installation on my 1500 Classic, complete with the Jet kit, took a total
of about 4 hours, All went exactly as the Instructions said,
This thing sounds awesome, I kept the baffles in, and have the Viper tips installed for a really cool look, I can only guess how loud they would be with out the baffles.
I am somewhat puzzled about why V & H had the Rectifier
re-located, Seems it was fine where it was. but I moved it.

Now for some fun riding,

:D
Dave

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nice! Glad to hear you are pleased with the V&H product. I ordered the Pro Pipe 2:1 for the Vulcan, but it is on backorder for another 2 weeks. Glad to hear you like the sound. I can't wait to dump the stock pipes. Please follow up when you have some miles, and smiles. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the install was easy, Jet kit not too bad either, just took my time,
The stock system does weigh ALOT, so far it runs fine, very
strong, idles well, lotsa torque
and an awesome sound that is easily tolerable. nice deep
rumble at 2100-2500 rpm cruisng at 60 or so
Dave

·
Registered
487 Posts
dh, I think they did the rectifier move for looks more than anything else.
Also I noticed in your sig that you have a 2003 Dodge with the Hemi, and I would like to know if everyone at a stop light wants to race you like they do me. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hemi

Hi Vapor, I get a bunch of kids in there little hot rod imports
at lights, just begging me to gun it, I just relax and let them blow on by, The truck is great fun to drive, lotsa power

Dave

·
Registered
837 Posts
dh.i took my baffles out and **** sure sounds good..its not as loud as you would think it is...try em out and see what you think...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
baffles???

hmmmm, now I am curious, might just take em out and hear the difference.

Dave

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I rode this past weekend with a gaggle of guys all piped. I still have my stock pipes and I felt totally out of place. My little sewing machine sound needs to be upgraded, that will be VERY soon! I don't care what kind at this point as long as I can gain a respectable rumble....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep the sounds that spew out from my ride do command attention!

gotta love it. never go back

:D

Dave

·
Registered
837 Posts
dang spock..i thought you piped yours already!!go get you some v&h straight shots dude...i like them better than any of the others as far as sound from our 1500's

·
37,387 Posts
Brown truck came today with my Vance & Hines straight shots, I got them from JP Cycles. The installation was quite easy. I did notice that the directions I downloaded from the V&H webpage and the directions that came in the box had differences. The ones in the box didn't say anything about loosening the clamps on the resonace chamber but the ones from the web page did. I acutally used both sets to fill in the blanks where each didn't cover.

The look is GREAT and the sound is EXACTLT what I was looking for. I am going to have a jet kit installed in a few days when I have my kickstand switch replaced...a long story, check out my post on left stranded by the side of the road.

I could almost feel the engine thanking me for getting rid of all that nasty equalized backpressure.....

·
Registered
837 Posts
would'nt steer you wrong bro...**** they look as good as they sound!!! 8)

·
37,387 Posts
They do sound good! Since I've installed them, its rained every day, ARRRGGGHHHH!

Next Saturday my bike goes to the dealer to replace that bad kickstand switch, I'm having them put in a stage 1 jet kit at that time too. I can't wait.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

lookout!!! going stage 1 - i smell a hotrod :lol:

·
37,387 Posts
Stage 1 installed today and I immediately notice a pickup. My ride home went via the interstate, only 4 miles but still. I made 75 before the end of the slow S-curve entrance ramp. I didn't know I was up that fast in only 3rd gear. Remarkable increase. The dyno mapping said I had about a 4.5 to 5.0 gain in HP and should get another 1.5 when my K&N's arrive on the brown truck.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spok, what was your total HP?

thanks

Dave

·
37,387 Posts
As soon as I get my papers back on Monday out of my buddies car, I'll post the numbers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts