Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my muzzy exhaust system and i was wondering how to install them?? is it just to unscrew and bolt on or there is more to it...thanks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Make sure you have new gaskets. Depending on the kit you may have to add a side or center stand block or remove completely. Typically you'll have to remove the fairing, radiator and maybe oil cooler.

Once you have everything unbolted (have a system to remember where everything goes) take off the old pipes - prior to installing the new ones make sure the brush out the area where the pipes connect with a wire brush and then install the new gaskets. Bolt on pipe and reverse the process.

PS. I would drain the radiator first - buy new coolant.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I just put a full system on my bike, I did have to completely remove the center stand and had to trim the lower faring with a dremel to make the pipes fit, other than that I did not remove anything.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
www.dynojet.com

Motorcycle jet kits.

You will have to take out the airbox to get to the carbs. Take the carbs off and drain them by loosening up the carb clamps and once you have them off use the drain screw on the bottom of the carb - put gas in suitable container and close screw when done. The carb kits come with jets, springs and needles. Replace as per instructions. You may have to drill out your carb piston slide and you may have to drill out your pilot screw plug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts