Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Fender Eliminator Kit on Saturday. It was pretty straight forward. Although, the instructions didn't mention anything about cutting off the taillights. I'm glad I had some wire connectors.
Looks 10x better.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
BradPeart said:
I installed the Fender Eliminator Kit on Saturday. It was pretty straight forward. Although, the instructions didn't mention anything about cutting off the taillights. I'm glad I had some wire connectors.
Looks 10x better.
Before/After pics???

·
Registered
128 Posts
i've been thinking about one for my bike too, i just want to see how it'll look before i make the jump.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The USB cable for my camera is at work. I'll post pics tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did you just have to cut the wires going to the turn signals so that you could remove them or what? I didn't realize you had to do any cutting with a fender eliminator kit. What brand did you get?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There wasn't a way to unplug them from the light fixture so I just cut them and reconnected them. It's not difficult. Just buy a pack of connectors and wire crimpers. I bought the kit from Competion Werkes.

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
Ouch... With my Fender Elim kit for my 500R, I didn't do any cutting of any wires at all. I did have to follow the wires though to get to the connector. I beleive it was half-way up the bike on the left-hand side. I had to take the side panel off to see it.

But, at least you got everything to work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What exactly comes in the fender eliminator kit? cos from what i can see in the pictures you have removed the large black plastic of the 'fender' (mud guard to us brits :p), surely the same effect could be achieved by cutting down the fender plastic and relocating the number plate and indicators?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All that comes in the kit is a piece of steel that replaces the fender and mounting hardware. One could alter the stock fender. I didn't want to risk screwing up, though.

·
364 Posts
Here's a quick pic from a MFG'r of a elim kit.

This is the kit for the EX250:

Basically, mine angled my license plate, moved the rear turn signals up higher and closer to the brake lights.

Now that my bikes out, I can get a pic of the Fender elim kit I have on it. I bought mine for my 500R (EX500D) from Competition Werkes for $60 + S&H.[/url]

·
Registered
182 Posts
I can't believe you had to cut wires. I installed the same kit (competition werks) and I didn't have to cut anything. Just followed the wires to the connectors and unplugged them.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Imposter said:
I can't believe you had to cut wires. I installed the same kit (competition werks) and I didn't have to cut anything. Just followed the wires to the connectors and unplugged them.
thats all I had to do too, no cutting of wires.

·
364 Posts
Same here, I installed the Competition Werkes elim kit and I didn't cut any wires.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i got bored, made my own fender eliminator kit out of an aluminum computer case i had laying around.... it's not pretty if you look real close, but it looks nicer than stock. i'll post pics after i clean it up and make it look nicer.

and i didn't have to cut the wires either. :p

·
364 Posts
rednek426 said:
i got bored, made my own fender eliminator kit out of an aluminum computer case i had laying around.... it's not pretty if you look real close, but it looks nicer than stock. i'll post pics after i clean it up and make it look nicer.

and i didn't have to cut the wires either. :p

:lol: :lol:

I guess that's one way of recycling your old computer!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah man, I got some pics of my fender eliminated too. Here it is brothers and sisters.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts