Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install frame sliders on my 2003 zx6r 636. I have owned many bikes in the past but have never installed frame sliders. I was wondering if someone can post pictures of an installation on a 03 636, or an instructional video posting, or even try explaining in text.

thanks,

03saki636 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
They usually in stall to a threaded hole on the frame just behind the front fairing on both sides. Usually about half way up the fairing. Some bikes you have to put a hole through the front fairing for them to work. I would think your bike is new enough you should't have to. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yep thats pretty much it in a nutshell. Make yourself a coffee and search the web theres tons of brands. Some come with brackets to get around the fairings,some you cut holes in your fairing, and some you bolt straight on. You use your upper two engine mounts. And when you look at the bolts they might look weird because they are really two bolts in one. The long straight threw bolt is the engine mount and the one you use,and the other bolt with that big special tool needing nut lol is the engine alignment bolt. Dont touch that it will tweek your chassis. Bored yet lol. OK heres the install...Your bike sitting on the side stand or rear stand preferred place a floor jack under the oil pan but use a jack with a rubber head or a piece of wood dont touch metal to metal or jack to pan. And only till you make contact with the pan so if the engine wants to sink when you remove the mount it cant. Remove the engine mount bolt and install slider of choice. Take your time i have seen stripped out mount threads before it's not fun. And i would get some of the no cut sliders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts