Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I didn't do it. Had somebody else. I was not going to buy an impact wrench just for this project. And I couldn't find anybody that had them anyway.

You would not believe the difference these things make! They are 1" or so lower and rotated foward. It almost feels like a real sport bike. Corners feel tighter, like you're down in it not perched on top of the bike. I'll post pics of them later. Need a battery for my camera.

Next is rearsets.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CLIP-Ons

So what bike are you doing this to? I thank you for telling me about the site, by the way. I will too be going to the clip-ons and rearsets...considering the cost and keeping you more streamilind in teh aerodynamic flow of the fairing and windscreen, it will increase performance through the loss or drag. Setting upright in the windstream causes loss of fuel economy and cost more for fuel because of the power it has to use to over come this disruption. I'd still like to see something Ducatti like to tuck your body into keeping more of you out of the airstream....one thing at a time...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Re: OooooooooooH!!!

ZX-2R said:
Woodcraft has an awesome set of clipons, and the rearsets....May just to have them colored to match my bike using the www.por15.com awesome!
I actually like the polished aluminum look they have to them, but it all depends on what your tastes are.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ekinnee said:
Ok, so I didn't do it. Had somebody else. I was not going to buy an impact wrench just for this project. And I couldn't find anybody that had them anyway.

You would not believe the difference these things make! They are 1" or so lower and rotated foward. It almost feels like a real sport bike. Corners feel tighter, like you're down in it not perched on top of the bike. I'll post pics of them later. Need a battery for my camera.

Next is rearsets.
Well where are the pictures man?! I'm really interested in seeing this. Make sure you get some good shots will ya.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TORQUE or IMPACT?

I hope you meant Torque Wrench...and You definately need a good one if you are going to do any work on your bike. It's rare to find anyone that doesn't overtighten a sparkplug in a head...that's right a steel sparkplug in an aluminum head and you can definately ruin someones day in a heartbeat..a flick of a wrist. Don't be tight when it omes to this tool...buy a good one and take real god care of it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Arghhhh!

I hate cramped quarters...Don't be tight when it comes to buying a good tool...this one is very important and don't lend it to anyone that you don't trust to use it properly...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
$40.00???

Where and what brand...have a connection???? The ones I was looking at were from the same rearset company "W"...and were a serious bill.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Re: $40.00???

ZX-2R said:
Where and what brand...have a connection???? The ones I was looking at were from the same rearset company "W"...and were a serious bill.
I don't believe these are woodcraft, I think they are vortex (sp?). only a few companies make them for 37mm forks. woodcraft would be nicer, but for 110 bucks less I'll take what I can get.

no connection, guy doesn't seem to have any more of them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ekinnee said:
By the time I get home every night it's dark. If I get out early enough I'll snap some.
Bumped, because your not getting away that easy! :wink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you've had time to get pictures.

They are much better aren't they? Feels more like you're in the bike than riding around on top of it. If that makes any sense to the rest of you...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ekinnee said:
Glad you've had time to get pictures.

They are much better aren't they? Feels more like you're in the bike than riding around on top of it. If that makes any sense to the rest of you...
it feels a 100x better, when I tuck into the bike it feels just perfect. it also forces me to sit farther back in the seat, so hopefully no more 'nut-crunchers' from the stock seat.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Freakinout said:
it feels a 100x better, when I tuck into the bike it feels just perfect. it also forces me to sit farther back in the seat, so hopefully no more 'nut-crunchers' from the stock seat.
:shock: LOL!! I hear that!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts