Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you fols can give me an answer..

The bike in question is a 1986 ZN1300 Voyager converted with a Lehman Trike Kit. We hooked a batttery booster onto the battery to start the bike, bike started all gauges were working (has the the digital Led type) all gauges were working, started the bike backk up a few minutes later and none of the instruments were working. We checked all the fuses we could find. Located on the right side of the seat.

Is there a fuse for the instrument panel? Where would it be located? If not is the panel fried? Thanks in advance for your help.
John

·
Registered
191 Posts
john, do you have a multi meter that you can test voltage. or how about a wiring diagram for the orig. bike? It could be as simple as a loose ground wire. I dont know of any other fuse panels on that bike besides the one on the side. My guess would be a broken wire somewhere. If you have a multi meter or at the least a test light you find the hot wire that powers the gauges and test to see if your getting power too them. If you are then its probobly the gauges. which doesnt mean they are fried, but its just something internal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is my dads bike and I did not have my Fluke meter with me. He had just bought the bike and I went out to help him unload it. What was making me think fuse, was the gauges were all working then after the battery booster start all of them quit. He has ordered the manual and the supplement, and we are waiting on them to come in. The bike has the digital readout led graph gauges so I am hoping we did not fry them. When he gets the books in I will see if I can chase down the power wire to the instrument panel.
Thanks
John

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Johnboy,

Welcome to the forum!!!!! There is a TON of know how up here when ever you need it.......

Hope to see you up here often,

Heather

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone that posted, found the problem yesterday. There is a 30 Amp main Fuse and 1 Amp main fuse, the 1 amp fuse runs the Led dash. The fuse is located on the left side of bike and is an inline fuse.

Have a good one
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts