Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a bill being sent to the House to close a loophole in the medical insurance laws. The loophole is that your insurance carrier may deny you your benefits if you were in a motorcycle accident. There are some other activities such as skiing, horseback riding, etc... involved as well. The AMA has been pushing this pretty hard and has a nice write up about it on their site http://www.ama-cycle.org/news/2004/S432.asp.

Take the time to read this over and click on the AMA Rapid Response Center link. All you have to do is fill in some info and they will email a letter for you to your local Representative. It's quick and easy and may save your a$$.

·
Registered
837 Posts
got er done and e mailed it to all my friends :wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Motorcyclists unite! Help save our own rights and go to the link that Freakin posted. This is one of the reasons I joined the AMA to help them protect my rights.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Cummon people. 66 have seen this topic and only a couple of us are willing to support our rights?????

Hope more of us chime in or the rest are just shy.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks, signed up myself. Wasn't aware such a loophole existed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've always had this trouble with scuba diving. Can't get life insurance through some places, always carried extra diving specific health insurance just because of this. Wander if this will help that also?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks Aikata, Stuart and Diver down.

Diver - I would imagine that this could definately help those into scuba and if it does not cover it, it sure can be a model for the scuba industry.

Let's get the word out folks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I sent it to my congressman. I hate Lamar Smith. He is a douche bag. But it it is the only way I will be heard and hopefully prevent me from being denied health insurance, then I will do it.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DrX512 said:
I sent it to my congressman. I hate Lamar Smith. He is a douche bag. But it it is the only way I will be heard and hopefully prevent me from being denied health insurance, then I will do it.
Vote against him. Tell your family and friends to do the same. Thats about all you can do to get rid of douche bags.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did vote against him. I also dont expect him to lose either. Texas is obviously republican and so is the district his constituents live in.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks Drx512 and ******! Let's get more members involved. You do not have to be an AMA member to help support this bill!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts