Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm 40 with a clean driving record. My '02 Suzuki GZ 250 with full coverage is $125 / year and my '94 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000 is $202 / year full coverage. Bike-line is good. My auto insurance is with progressive, but their bike quotes were a bit higher than bikeline.

Sometimes, being old doesn't suck. I got the quote on the Concours trying to talk myself out of buying it. The insurance being so cheap pushed me over the edge into becoming a Kawasaki owner. Neither bike is financed, but the collision and Comp covereages were cheap enough that I got them anyway.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Bike Insurance

SHOP around! Ask if changing your car over as well what the cost would be for the bike and car...it makes a difference if you give them all the information!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have an 04 zx6r, im 23, perfect record. my insurance is about 600 a year. been with them ever since i got my license, i have lots of discounts...and this is all FULL coverage...not the bare, legal amount either...i made sure any medical expenses and damages would be covered...if i lowered the coverage amount..then it would be a LOT less. oh, state farm by the way...in san diego california...good luck

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
cool cool , state farm, when exactly did you get your license? I need some good cheap insurance for a teen, still lookin. Happy to see you and welcome to the forum.

Peter

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got my first bike ever last Friday. 95 ZX6R with 7800 miles on it. I called to get a quote from my insurance agent, and she came back with $1800/year!! I called around and ended up at $202/year at state farm. I don't even have my license yet! I did have to move my truck to them as well, and it was about $10/month more, but not a bad exchange for that cost on full coverage on a bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ZX-10R Urza
...good luck with finding cheap insurance for that teen. only thing that i can think of is. whereever u end up...look for and ask for the discounts they may offer...many students can get good driver, GPA (if it's pretty good, i guess they figure kids that do well in school deserve better rates or some BS like that), u knw....multiple vehicle discounts or multiple policy holders...i actually have been with state farm ever since i was 16. and my entire family, along with my car, are all insured under state farm. u really gotta ask. good luck

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi guys!

I just bought a used 2003 ZX6RR and my insurance runs $360/year. Of course I'm 44, perfect driving record and I got my insurance through my car and home insurance company: Famers Insurance in TX.

Someone told me you can go to the dealer and they will get you quotes for your insurance from different insurance companies. They do this as a service to sell you a bike. You may want to give it a try!

Ed

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
thanks both of you guys, I think ill go with state farm progressive is WAY over priced. thanks again. Kepp the rubber down.

Peter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't miss the years of getting screwed just because I was a male between 16 & 26. Now I've got my '03 ZX12R and it's costing me less per year than it used to cost me for my car for 3 months when I was 20. At 20 ...GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Check with your agent

Check with you current agent tha tyou have for your truck. I was told tha ti couldn't get insurance ona 250R, but I have found this to be untrue...So it willget insurance through StateFarm

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got an 04 Kawasaki 500R. I got a pretty good deal I think on everything. Got the bike, JR jacket, JR gloves, Icon helment, and extra 48 months of warrantly all for 6k. Got 50 bucks worth of straps thrown in for free cause I found a little chip in the paint. Am getting a free bottle of touch up paint to fix that. Insurance will either be $400 per year for liability, or $1500 per year for full coverage. Haven't decided which to do yet and have a few weeks until I take the MSF course and get my license. I am 22 with no riding experience and a few tickets on my record. I did call Progressive but they are insane with their rates. I have my insurance with Nationwide and I think I will just go with liability. I financed the bike through Kawasaki, and can't see paying for another bike in insurance costs over the next 3 years when I pay the bike off. I am guessing on the bike you are looking for you will never get it for less than 1200 per year for full coverage. Just my opinion though.

Brad

·
Registered
447 Posts
I got my insurance for my 2003 ZX-6RR from Farmers Insurance of Texas (my auto and home insurance agency), I got the minimum required by law for Liability and I also got Full Comprehensive and Colision. My dedutible is $1000 and I pay $365/year. :D $1000 dedutible may seem high, but I always use a high deductible, you get cheaper monthly payments and it forces you to use your insurance only for major things. I have found that if you use your insurance for minor things, you run the risk of higher monthly premiums and loosing your insurance, altogther. Oh and I'm also 44 years old, :oops: I bet that makes a difference!

By the way I just bought the 48 month GTPP for $365.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah my salesman told me it is normally $365 but I got the GTPP for 2 something cause I got it when I bought the bike. Do you guys think 6k was a good deal for all of that stuff?

Brad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Civic, Thanks for the Info. I didnt know that. I pay $90 a month for full coverage. I was thinking of just getting liability but hell, $90 a month aint bad compared to what everyone else is paying.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: thanx...

nik_z said:
...but no thanx to a 250. i'll stick with the ZX6R, i've had my heart set on this bike for some time now. Silver. Period. Nothing less.
I think Arizona is the same, that you only need state minimums for under $10k financed.

I would say shop around. Who ever is insuring your other vehicles may jump at it. Then maybe not. I have two cars and house insurance with State Farm. Have been with them for years. They wanted twice as much as Progressive.

You might try raising your deductibles to the maximum, or at least very high. Maybe $1000 or higher for collision and liability.

BTW, Progressive did give me a discount for the MSF course. No where near 10%, but every bit helps. Also, they gave me a few bucks of for an AMA membership.

As someone else here said...two wheels aren't four. Be careful out there.

Good luck

21 - 40 of 50 Posts