Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
new 500R

Brad, I think you did ok, considering you got all the gear. taxes, dilivery fee, setup and gear...not bad...Brad! Just keep those stock tires long enough to get the bike broke in an dthen get some sticky meat for afterwards...it's the best money that you can spend.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found a company today that would write full coverage for me on my 04 zx6r. Orion.

Full Comp and Collision: 800 for the year.

Progressive quoted me at 3,400 with clean record.

If anyone lives in NC, especially near Raleigh. I'll give you the name of my agent.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For only being 18 with an M2, I pay 1,300 a year for my 250. The told me that if I started on a CBR 600 F4i, an R6, a ZX-6R(R), or a GSX-R600, the insurance would have atleast doubled.

The insurance companies that I dealt with considered 600 cc's and above to be considered "sport bikes". So if you're new to riding, start small.

I wanted to get a new 6RR at the end of the year, but with the full coverage due to financing, that's not possible. So, at the end of the year, I'm probably going to go for a used SV 650. Cheap on the insurance, as bad as I want a new Ninja, that's not going to happen this year! :cry:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Kawasaki ZX-6r

Good news...ZX-6R=599cc .'.599<600 !!! Same as ZZR-600=599cc
The S Koreans are going to have a Suzuki Replica very similar to the SV650 Same company built them...check Motor Cyclist Magazine July2004. They say "The Best 650 You've Never Heard Of Practical, Rational, Affordable...and Not Japanese" I don't know if you will find it online, but... www.motorcylistonline.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
ZX,

I don't know how it works in Canada but here in North Carolina as long as you finance through kawasaki then you don't have to have full coverage. You can get away with liability. I would check with your dealer. This might be your way to get your new bike. Suck if someone stole it but saves money.

·
Registered
60 Posts
By the way, I would recommend full coverage. I have full coverage now. But until you can find a company cheap enough you can at least just do liability so you can get the new bike.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
insurance

Mine is going to be cheap...I live in Kansas, have had "M" Endorsement over 30 years an dhave a little over 20 years on bikes...plus, I'll be riding a 250R for my first year getting things in order for my wifes operation...kidney transplant and heart...then I'll see what K has for wheels.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts