Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made a new addition to my baby tonight. took off the old intake and replaced it with a 20.00 lo profile one from autozone along with a crank case breather to match for 10.00. bought a few new bolts and a few hose clamps and some extra parts from the garage and whola!!!:shock:

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
How do you have it mounted to the throttle bodies? What did you do with the air temp sensor?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i made a plate to mount to the body and i drilled a hole out for the sensor and mounted it to the back side of the plate.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Got any part number guy? That looks better than alot of these high dollar Hyper charger thingy's and Barrons I see. What did you make the plate out of? Was-is it something easily procureable?

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
This gives me ideas. Can you give us some more details on the plate and installation? I was thinking of using a K&N with a chrome top that looks similar to that.....

·
You hate me, & I hate you
615 Posts
Can we see pics of the mounting plate? Do you have a lathe or something or is this a ******* fab job?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Vulcan Acehole I think the PC statment would be "southern engineering". lol I'm with you all though. If I spend say $60 or 80 to do this and I can wash the element to me its a bounus. I'm not particularly worried about HP gains.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
made a new addition to my baby tonight. took off the old intake and replaced it with a 20.00 lo profile one from autozone along with a crank case breather to match for 10.00. bought a few new bolts and a few hose clamps and some extra parts from the garage and whola!!!:shock:

That's a really nice looking job! Did you add any fuel control like a TFI or PC III? If not you're prolly gonna be running really lean with all that new air & might start pinging a little. I put the Caddman system on my 1600 w/K&N filters & added a TFI to richen the fuel mix. The fuel & air gave a nice little boost to the giddyup! :biggrin:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i started a new thread for this. i was unable to figure out how to paste them on here in a reply but the threads title is called..... how-to for cheap intake mod

1 - 13 of 13 Posts