Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang, here is what is likely an odd (or silly) one for you.

After reading Constrictor's mod thread repeatedly, I see that it takes the OE air filter off the left side, closes off the intake tube, etc.. Which in my opinion is great, why choke the intake intentionally, right? (Or did I miss something here?)

So here is the question

Say you spend 300 plus on a hypercharger and install it, now there is a filter and direct intake to the throttle body. What happens to the filter and intake tube on the left side? Sorry, just don't have the experience with Kawi's.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
All the left side...it all goes byebye

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
The left side makes a great place to relocate your horn to. Take all that off along with the crossover tube. Then block the back of the right side, put an 8 1/2 inch air filter on it, and get an 8 1/2 inch cover to go over it. Moroso makes an automotive one that fits perfect.

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Ok gang, here is what is likely an odd (or silly) one for you.

After reading Constrictor's mod thread repeatedly, I see that it takes the OE air filter off the left side, closes off the intake tube, etc.. Which in my opinion is great, why choke the intake intentionally, right? (Or did I miss something here?)

So here is the question

Say you spend 300 plus on a hypercharger and install it, now there is a filter and direct intake to the throttle body. What happens to the filter and intake tube on the left side? Sorry, just don't have the experience with Kawi's.
All the left side...it all goes byebye
Yep. You're left with a big blank area on the left side. Here's my solution http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/projects-how-write-ups/18178-yet-another-mod-done.html

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
IMO the big blank area isn't really a bad thing, depending on the look you're going for.

When I installed the Baron BAK I tossed around the idea of relocating the ignition switch, the horn or any one of a million other things to the big blank area. End result for me was to just leave the big blank area, but then I'm going for a very clean look with out lots-o-stuff.

With the bike setup like this I'm always getting the question from people "what the hell kinda bike you got there?", which always brings a smile to my face :mrgreen: .

Best part of removing the left side filter and crossover tube (other than the performance gain) is that it gives you a million different options for ways to dress it up or dress it down, you choose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts