Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum. I tried a search, but either didn't enter the correct words in the search, or this hasn't been addressed before. Your help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

My engine is locked up, so I'm looking for a spare until this one is rebuilt. Can anyone tell me what years are interchangeable with my 2001 KX 125? Also, I'd assume I have to get the complete engine with carb, etc. Is this an accurate statement? Additionally, can you tell me what bottom-ends will work with a good 2001 jug? Originally, I thought the '99 to '01 were interchangeable tops and bottoms. However, today a mechanic told me the '01 jug is different than the priors. He said it is the same through '05. So, does this mean that I can interchange with up to an '05 on my frame?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The 01 though 05 are bolt on interchangeable components.

Going with a newer or another engine is a lot of loot for what you have. Just pull yours down and do the repairs, it will save you several times the cost of fooling around and trying to swap engines.

There is no advantage to swapping the lower end and transmission too, unless you have water in the crankcase. And, if that is the case it will really be more cost effective to just find another complete KX125 if you like them, and use this one for parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.