Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to Greendragon I got a set of floorboards from an 06 nomad that fit my 03 meanstreak. Got one floorboard on and the last piece I need to put the other on comes in today. Thanks Green

Any way, on to the question, I want to put a Kuryakyn Sissybar on my meanie but they dont make a braket for my bike I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any other bikes that have the same bolt pattern for the fender struts as my bike so I can see if there is a sissybar for that bike, and if not how I would go about researching this. I want the kury cause its the talles one on the market with out having one custom made. Cobra makes one for my bike but its only 6 inches tall. I was thinking I could get a cobra one cut off the bar and add in bar stock to make it the height I want but that seems like a lot of work and money if it doesnt come out the way I want it.

I know there will be comments about the lines of the bike but that is already out the window as I have put kongs on my bike, I want a sissy to match and I am planning on put ground dragger fenders. I am making the bike a oneof meanie made to fit my needs and style.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I had a Cobra one on my old Mean Streak. It was small, but I think it came in sections...so you could probably figure a way to attach a different upright (the backrest portion) to the Cobra brackets that attach to the Mean Streak fender struts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about that I called cobra and the upright part of the sissy bar is not interchangable with other mounting brackets they suggested that I buy just the mounting brackets and build my own from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking to do about the same thing... I am in love with the Kury' Transformer. DO you know where to but just the brackets from? I have searched the web for 3 days with no definitive answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts